I space out a lot.

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

I don't know what the problem is but it may be the depression, so i post here. I was also diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder.

I used to have this when I was younger, too. I want to, am interested in studying, but my brain is not there.

I have started meds and recently increased the dose, so maybe things will improve.

It's morning here, and usually I am better than this in the morning but i guess not today.

I had a job interview yesterday that freaked me out a lot, so maybe that is why I am having some trouble today. Slow return to baseline.

Thank you for listening. It is nice to get so much support here.

S

Seany53

have you noticed a change in your appetite or do you eat unnecessarily often?

lost pleasure in stuff you used to love?

sleep problems?

you said you space out a lot so I'm assuming you tend to lose focus often, correct?

if yes to most of these then you probably might be suffering from depression.

Disclaimer im, not a shrink, just know a bit about symptoms of depression

qwerty1234

qwerty1234

Hi Seany53, thank you so much for your attention and thinking. This is exactly what I was wondering. When I was younger I definitely had depression and didn't know it, and I spaced out a lot. I am taking an antidepressant now and my mood is better, but my concentration has taken some time to improve.
I feel relief knowing that depression may be the reason, because 1. Then I know the cause and 2. It may improve as I keep taking the antidepressant.

Thank you!!!!!

S

Seany53

youre welcome. Psychiatric meds have a host of problems with them and thsoe with the least side effects are crazy expensive. I also hope you know that antidepressents take weeks to work properly so just be patient. or if it doesnt get better then maybe ask the doc to switch you to a differnent one. All the best mate