• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I should go to the doctor but I keep postponing it. I can't cope anymore

J

Jisatsu

I should go to the doctor but I keep postponing it. I can't cope anymore

I while ago I came on here discussing whether or not to go to the doctor about how I feel and I knew that I'd never pluck up the courage to do it and I probably won't now so I must be wasting everyone's time in saying all of this.

I want to hurt myself, cut myself, burn myself, bruise myself, anything. I just want to do it now but I'm terrified because I'll have to hide it from my boyfriend and I talk to him about everything. I want him to be understanding when I do it but he just gets upset and angry and doesn't talk to me much.

I really feel like killing myself. I've nothing to look forward to in life, everything is just a permanent uphill struggle. I am contemplating giving up now.

getting better

getting better

I really think you should make an app to see your Dr tomorrow. Once you're there and you start to pour it all out you'll hopefully get the help you need. Try talking to your boyfriend about how you are feeling..I'm sure he'd rather you told him than kept it all bottled up. I really do know how it feels to want to hurt yourself but in the long run it doesn't help. I don't know how to pm or anything but if you need to talk then I'm here. Take care x

raven

raven

I while ago I came on here discussing whether or not to go to the doctor about how I feel and I knew that I'd never pluck up the courage to do it and I probably won't now so I must be wasting everyone's time in saying all of this.

I want to hurt myself, cut myself, burn myself, bruise myself, anything. I just want to do it now but I'm terrified because I'll have to hide it from my boyfriend and I talk to him about everything. I want him to be understanding when I do it but he just gets upset and angry and doesn't talk to me much.

I really feel like killing myself. I've nothing to look forward to in life, everything is just a permanent uphill struggle. I am contemplating giving up now.
*tight supportive understanding hugs* I understand that urge to self harm and ultimately self distruct but you need to grab a bit of strength and get yourself to a GP. Take this post with you and show them how you have been feeling. They can help you, you don't have to live in pain.

Please don't give up, just keep going, one day, one minute, one second at a time if neccessary.

raven

J

Jisatsu

Thanks for the replies but I still think I'm too scared to go to the doctor's and I know I should but I hate all the attention from family and it makes me feel like I waste everyone's time with my "problems" :(

raven

raven

Thanks for the replies but I still think I'm too scared to go to the doctor's and I know I should but I hate all the attention from family and it makes me feel like I waste everyone's time with my "problems" :(
You're not wasting anyones time, you are in trouble and need help. I know it will be a really hard thing to do but try and make it to your GPs. They will understand and that is what they are there for. What are you scared of?

*strength giving hugs*

raven

J

Jisatsu

I'm scared that some of the things going on in my head will give them reason to worry and reason to contact my parents due to my best interests or something along those lines. I am terrified of people finding out that I am weak :(

raven

raven

I'm scared that some of the things going on in my head will give them reason to worry and reason to contact my parents due to my best interests or something along those lines. I am terrified of people finding out that I am weak :(
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I don't think GPs are allowed to contact you parents without your authority... Having mental troubles is not a sign of weakness, its a sign you need support.

*more hugs*

raven

J

Jisatsu

I'm 16, almost 17. I know they won't contact my parents as I'm 16 but what if I told them something that my parents would need to be aware of? I don't want them knowing :(

raven

raven

I'm 16, almost 17. I know they won't contact my parents as I'm 16 but what if I told them something that my parents would need to be aware of? I don't want them knowing :(
*gentle hugs*
If there are things that your parents need to be aware of then your GP isn't the way your parents will find out. When the time is right you will tell them. Your GP will keep your confidence go and chat with them, it will help. Maybe write down what you want to say before hand?

raven

J

Jisatsu

I would probably get referred to a counsellor like I was before and some of the things on my mind might give them reason to contact my parents :(

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Jisatsu

On the wall of my doctors surgery there is a list of their guidelines regarding confidentiality and any information being passed on through services. Included are guidelines on the treatment of teenagers and it is quite specific. It might be worth popping down and trying to find if your local surgery has one.

Other than that there are other free counselling services aimed at teenagers across the country. Your local surgery or library might list them and of course you can search the web.

There is no need to suffer with this on your own.

J

Jisatsu

Well, I have a stomach bug at the moment so I've been feeling pretty rubbish! Stuck at home is driving me insane and just gives me more time to think :(:(

S

*Sapphire*

Why don't you use that as an excuse to pop down to the GP or call them and ask your questions? I know that they won't reveal the fact you asked some questions regarding confidentiality to your family!

I hope you start to feel better soon. :)

getting better

getting better

I agree with Sapphire. You could go to the Dr's with the stomach bug and then just ask a few questions regarding your other problems. Keep it light. I hope you're feeling better soon..there's nothing as rotten as a stomach bug and it's the last thing you need on top of everything else.