• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I should be feeling good about tomorrow but I don't.

S

SadRainbow

Wishing I felt more positive about tomorrow - daughter's first full day at school. I will have six and a half hours of time to myself each day from Monday to Friday from now on. A few months ago I would have really been looking forward to it. But it feel like it's come too late - I am already broken. There's nothing I want to do with my free time. There used to be lots of things I enjoyed. So I will have to force myself to do things rather than just mope about at home.

SoftRain

SoftRain

Hi sadrainbow
how exciting your daughter is starting school. How old is she?
In a few weeks I am sure you get used to it and maybe find something you used to do and find joy in it.

S

SadRainbow

She is four. She's had some half days already and is loving it 🙂

I have ideas for what to do with my time - tidy up the house and have a clear-out, go to the library, try some guided meditation at the local Buddhist centre, maybe some voluntary work... But it's going to take quite some effort to do anything rather than just spend most of my time in bed.

SoftRain

SoftRain

She is four. She's had some half days already and is loving it 🙂

I have ideas for what to do with my time - tidy up the house and have a clear-out, go to the library, try some guided meditation at the local Buddhist centre, maybe some voluntary work... But it's going to take quite some effort to do anything rather than just spend most of my time in bed.
I know how hard it is to get out of bed and start the day. I wish you all the luck in the world that you find the strength to do it. hugs

Bod

Bod

Have you ever tried Tai Chi, I did many years ago and you can do it at home too.
Just some of the things it helps with.

• Improved mood
  • Reduced stress
  • Improved physical fitness (flexibility, strength, agility, and aerobic capacity)
  • Decreased stress, anxiety, and depression
  • Boosted cognitive function

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

I still remember my first day of kindergarten, I hated it. I remember my lasr day of college, I hated it too. You said you like to paint, right? Try doing that.

S

SadRainbow

I mostly hated school too. I'm glad she seems to like it. She's very different from me. Thank goodness.

I have a big, unfinished painting. It's been waiting for me to finish it for years. I don't even like it any more. I told my daughter when I've finished it she can have it - she's pleased.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

I mostly hated school too. I'm glad she seems to like it. She's very different from me. Thank goodness.

I have a big, unfinished painting. It's been waiting for me to finish it for years. I don't even like it any more. I told my daughter when I've finished it she can have it - she's pleased.
Then it is the perfect chance then.

SoftRain

SoftRain

Painting is great. I haven't painted in a long time. I love to paint bird houses, gourds.

T

treasurebox

When I am not excited or feeling optimistic or unhappy, I would listen to music. Try music therapy. Music helps me. Listen to uplifting, motivational, and encouraging songs on youtube daily. It will make you think and feel better.