• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i SH and have scars

Sam1305

Sam1305

Hey im new here so I don't really know how this works but I hope to talk to people with similar experiences. I started sh about 4 months ago and now have scars on my forearms . Right now I can hide them with long sleeves but I don't know what to do in the summer. In my mind I just tell everyone that they are from long ago and everything is fine , but I don't think I can actually do that , especially because after being 1 month clean I started self harming again a few days ago. I just don't know what to do.

Sam1305

Sam1305

i have told a friend and my sister found out about it but i think they both didn't know how to handle the situation and made themselves forget about it, which i was just fine with. I don't think i can really pinpoint a trigger but lately my family has not been a pleasure. I also have been going through a gender identity crisis but thinking about my gender actually makes me happy (even if i don't know what it is yet) because i am able to look like a girl and a boy or neither.

TheSadnessWillLastForever

TheSadnessWillLastForever

I would definitely say get professional help if possible. Other options to hide scars are to wear bracelets to cover them or even make up concealer of some sort. You also don't have to tell people they are SH scars, you can tell them there was an accident and leave it vague or say something like a cat did it if you're not ready to tell people the truth. Hope that helps:)