• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I self harmed last night and feel ashamed and embarrassed again

L

Leanneplayfair

I self harmed for the first time in months quite badly last night needing hospital treatment at the time it helps and I've found it a technique to prevent suicide attempts and now I feel the usual shame and guilt now my arm looks awful too anyone else feel the same after they SH

Tawny

Tawny

Staff member
Forum Guide
I self harmed for the first time in months quite badly last night needing hospital treatment at the time it helps and I've found it a technique to prevent suicide attempts and now I feel the usual shame and guilt now my arm looks awful too anyone else feel the same after they SH

It isn't something i have done but i have done other things. I was stuck in a place that would not go away no matter what i did and only good medication and removing all stress from life for a while helped. I stopped working and started resting and taking good care of myself.

I remember getting back from the hospital and feeling very fragile and confused. I didn't feel guilt though. You are suffering and so should not feel guilt, many people suffer, you are going through a really bad time and need to feel symapthy for yourself.

Are you receving any mental health treatment? Were the hospital good to you and did you see the psych team?

C

celticlass

But think about the many months you have coped without SH! I don't know if you are able to look back and identify what was happening yesterday to trigger you. Hope you have had a relaxing night tonight xx

Wishbone

Wishbone

Why was it that you attacked yourself on this occasion? What was different?

L

Leanneplayfair

But think about the many months you have coped without SH! I don't know if you are able to look back and identify what was happening yesterday to trigger you. Hope you have had a relaxing night tonight xx
Thank you 💕

L

Leanneplayfair

It isn't something i have done but i have done other things. I was stuck in a place that would not go away no matter what i did and only good medication and removing all stress from life for a while helped. I stopped working and started resting and taking good care of myself.

I remember getting back from the hospital and feeling very fragile and confused. I didn't feel guilt though. You are suffering and so should not feel guilt, many people suffer, you are going through a really bad time and need to feel symapthy for yourself.

Are you receving any mental health treatment? Were the hospital good to you and did you see the psych team?
Yes I've got a review with psychiatrist today to get better meds I've got BPD boarder line personality disorder x

babyblue22

babyblue22

I have had a bad time with self harming recently. I went 4 years without until a few weeks ago.
Be kind to yourself, you shouldn’t be embarrassed about having a way to cope. I’ve got BPD & my doctor gave me propranolol so at least when I did self harm it was safer as it reduces the amount of blood loss. Maybe speak to them about that? Sending you hugs ❤️