• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I sat on the edge of crazy ville questioning the existance of knowledge

D

Deliah

I sat on the edge of crazy ville questioning the existance of knowledge

I just sat on the edge of crazy ville. I've been contemplating and questioning the existence of knowledge and considering the main views on knowledge I have heard of late. My friend believes we know nothing, a Buddhist monk I met recently said Buddha knew everything. My Therapist believes we know something, but not much or everything. I thought of all theses views. 'Which is true' I questioned. My voices discussed it at length, unable to arrive at any answer. In the end I just settled with I don't know. I was a little afraid of the possibility that I may know absolutely nothing, but helped myself feel safe again, by steeping back and saying 'I know how to cook chill concarne and I know that is tastes nice for me. It was post you put up CPU that was also part of this to do with a monk who came to the realisation that he knew nothing. I've given this one up to the universe. I have also told myself that people come to these things after 10,000000 hours of mediation. It was at the point when I was questioning whether there was any truth at all that I realised I had to stop. This can truly drive you nuts if you can't let your self not know the answer. Thanks D xxx

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Quite deep for you Deliah. It is a journey. Keeping it simple helps so much, because many people get lost in the trivialities of life. Don't get bogged down.

D

Deliah

Yes Cpu, this cross my mind also. Maybe they are the same thing. To know everything, is in fact to know nothing. mmmmmm. I realise that my beliefs change every day, or at least they fall away, no nolonger believed, so then I wonder if in fact I will come at some point to the realisation that all which I have believed and do believe is a crock of fabricated shit, one big delusion. At that point I began to question everything I thought. Went a little into the crazies, phew! All good though. Didn't continue on and on as I would have in the past, so progress, but very interesting all the same. Thanks Brat, I'm good now! D x

D

Deliah

Thanks CPU worked a treat! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and one for luck x

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

If you did know everything, how would you know you knew everything? Or would knowing that you knew everything there was to know be included in the 'everything'?

I think by definition you could never know 'everything' as you wouldn't know that it WAS everything! After all, you don't know what you don't know!

I hope that makes sense :D

My Present Opinion

My Present Opinion

Knowledge vs Wisdom

In my opinion knowledge can be right or wrong, correct or false, but wisdom is measured in consciousness.

Terry x