• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I said I wouldn't stop until I got there ....

E

Emmarose35

I said I wouldn't stop until I got there ...
Until I was well ...
I haven't stopped and I'm still not there but that is ok ...
I still have a life inspite of ...
People with mh probs can still do and have fun right ? ( but not always possible I know )
I had low mood as a child and always felt separate - disfuctional family and neglect / abuse
Drinking and drugs / eating disorder
Early 20s psychotic dep / nervous breakdown..
Varied problems with relationships/ dep/ anxiety / self worth and trust
It now looks I have complex ptsd
I am proudly 5 yrs sober and have some good recovery for eating
It's been a long journey but I won't stop till I get there ...
Sometimes it goes so dark - I can't see any hope and then when it returns I remember I'm a fighter - a strong person in a fragile body
I work as a nurse have a lovely partner and friends and like art and nature
I'm Emma and this is my story ... The moments in life that are magic keep me going xx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hello Emma - thank you for sharing a part of your story with us.
It sounds like you have massive determination and the progress you've already made is fantastic. :)

W

wannabegooroo

somerset: emma poured her heart out, do you work on some hourly shift, quality over quantity in your chats perhaps, it will encourage more people to stay longer, if you give many brief messages people will see the lack of quality in the replies..I have noticed this behaviour is quite frequent on here

E

Emmarose35

I am happy with the reply I got - I didn't feel anything negative. In fact if it had been more in depth from a forum guide it may have put me off ..
I am not looking for judgement ... People speaking for what they think I need or invasive posts
This critical reply would have been best placed elsewhere - it has tainted the original post and subject