• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I require a diagnosis for someone else

B

Blackyblue

Hi.

When i was 18 years old my friend and aye decided we wanted to go out for a drink and to get the money my friend decided he was going to sell his gold watch, so we set about finding someone to sell the gold watch to, and then while walking up to a local pub we knew some guy with red hair and red eyebrows came bouncing down the road with a slightly funny walk.
Now i did not know the man, but my friend did and he called him over in order to try sell him the watch.
The initial conversation began ok, with how you doing and what you up to, and it was not long before my friend asked the man to aaccompany us in to a stair in order to sell him the watch, and the man accompanied us, not looking too sure.
It was not long before i realised this man was actually seriously disturbed, and i realised my mate was virtually mugging him.
The man clearly did not want to buy the gold watch but clearly did not know how to successfully communicate this, and what followed was a watching someone before our eyes descend in to a state of absolute panic and jibbering anxiety and it was so bad watching him go from one level of stupidity to the next without ever once pulling himself together, it was actually horrifying, and i had never witnessed anything like this before, and i was actually wanting the lad to just tell my mate to "fcuk off" because i felt sorry for him and sympathetic.
My mate then suggested to him we accompany him back to his flat where he told us his money was, to which he jibbered endlessly "Oh i dunno, oh i dunno, the watch is alright eh, oh i ddddddddunno" and i was absolutely dumb struck and i almost let a laugh burst out when he finally agreed to allow himself to be accompanied home by us to buy the watch he clearly did not want.
On the way back to his flat i learned the guy was 27 years old, and was heavily medicated, had social workers, went to drama school and fitness classes put on by social workers and was really proud of the fact he had gotten Gary Linekers autograph at a book sale.
Back in his house he had very little to say, and made no effort to hide the fact he was absolutely terrified and nervous and unsure, but my mate did talk him in to taking off his tracksuit and trainers and replace them with jeans and shoes and come out for a drink with us, to which we received more unsure jibber "Oh i dunno, i dunno eh, i dunno, i dunno, i really like tracksuits, oh i dunno".
My mate finally talked him in to it and while walking up the road trying to spark a conversation about women, like 18 year olds do, the 26 year old asked me if i like mimicking, and i had no idea what to say. He then proceeded to put on a load of funny voices and began impersonating all different kinds of actors like he thought this was fun.
He then bragged about what a fast runner he is, and when i challenged him to run to the corner of the road and i would time him, he went off sprinting like a child and when he came back he was all excited like he was having a really good time and laughing uncontrollably like a child.
I dont remember much more words that he said, but he came to the pub and drank coke, and on the way back he just acted really really strangely, always needing to urinate and always seemingly needing to be told where to urinate, it was like he could not make anykind of decision for himself.
I saw this man a few times after this as i actually went back out of sympathy, thinking that maybe i could get him out of himself, but it is the stupidest thing i done in my life.
With just me and him in the room it quickly became apparent there was no helping him.
He was not receptive to anykind of adult conversation whatsoever, and all i learnt was that he would love to go for trials for a football team but he has not got the confidence.
He does not like walking in to pubs by himself because he has not got the confidence.
His brother works in an office dealing with lots of paper work and is really intelligent but he himself does not know how his brother does it.
When he went to a social work meeting he found everyone really boring because all they do is sit around reading newspapers while he likes to have fun and talk.
Oh, and he smashed the window of a neighbour after the woman accused him of being aa weirdo and paedophile for playing football with her 12 year old son, and told him to fcuk off, which really upset him so much he got a brick and smashed her window.

Now i know this is really strange, but this guy has to be the oddest most depressed guy i ever met in my life, and it actually scared me.
It scared me so much some of the crazy depressed things he said, and the childlike immature tones he would use turned in to ruminating words in my head, and sometimes effected my own mood and depressed me a little.

Now i got over those ruminating thoughts a little as time went on, however one day nearly 20 years later i was driving my taxi when i got a phonecall to pick someone up and it was this guy.

What was worse he recognised me.
He asked me, do you remember me? Football daft?
I said, yes.
I tried to spark a conversation with him, but he did not have that much intelligent to say, although i must admit it appeared he had maybe calmed down a little in 20 years, although he let himself down badly when i asked him if he was working and he replied "No", and if no is not enough he added after a few seconds in an immature tone, "Jobs are hard to get, eh?".
I did not know what to say to that considering i am a worker with my own tai and i found that extremely odd, that he would think i would agree with him on this.
But he then enlightened me to the fact he still plays football, and added on top of that a few seconds later, "Footballs a good game, eh?".
I tried to inject some intelligence in to the conversation by asking him when was the last time he went to a football match, to which he could not conclusively answer, and then i tried to talk about our local football team, to which i got cut off, and he just repeated, "Oh, but its a good game, i really like it".
So, ok, i decided since we cant talk sensibly about football beyond its a good game innit, i will at least try and agree that it is "the beautiful game as they say", to which he replied "Oh yeah, its a great game, i really like it, oh its a brilliant game", i began to wonder when he was going to stop telling me what a great game football is.

The whole time i could see his hands and legs shaking uncontrollably like he was hyperventalating, so i just decided to stop speaking to him after that and spent the last five minutes of the drive in silence.

Now i know it is crazy, but i cant get this clowns words out of my head for some reason.

I apologise for calling him a clown as i did actually at one point feel sympathy for him and try to help him, but weirdly and insanely he has actually had a negative impact on me and left me with ruminating thoughts, and i can even find myself spacing out and analysing those thoughts which is dangerous.

I really would like to know by what little i have divulged what you think this guys medical condition is, as i feel it would help me understand him better in order to stop thinking of him as a clown.

The only other thing i know about him is when he was a kid he went to a special school .

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Hi.

When i was 18 years old my friend and aye decided we wanted to go out for a drink and to get the money my friend decided he was going to sell his gold watch, so we set about finding someone to sell the gold watch to, and then while walking up to a local pub we knew some guy with red hair and red eyebrows came bouncing down the road with a slightly funny walk.
Now i did not know the man, but my friend did and he called him over in order to try sell him the watch.
The initial conversation began ok, with how you doing and what you up to, and it was not long before my friend asked the man to aaccompany us in to a stair in order to sell him the watch, and the man accompanied us, not looking too sure.
It was not long before i realised this man was actually seriously disturbed, and i realised my mate was virtually mugging him.
The man clearly did not want to buy the gold watch but clearly did not know how to successfully communicate this, and what followed was a watching someone before our eyes descend in to a state of absolute panic and jibbering anxiety and it was so bad watching him go from one level of stupidity to the next without ever once pulling himself together, it was actually horrifying, and i had never witnessed anything like this before, and i was actually wanting the lad to just tell my mate to "fcuk off" because i felt sorry for him and sympathetic.
My mate then suggested to him we accompany him back to his flat where he told us his money was, to which he jibbered endlessly "Oh i dunno, oh i dunno, the watch is alright eh, oh i ddddddddunno" and i was absolutely dumb struck and i almost let a laugh burst out when he finally agreed to allow himself to be accompanied home by us to buy the watch he clearly did not want.
On the way back to his flat i learned the guy was 27 years old, and was heavily medicated, had social workers, went to drama school and fitness classes put on by social workers and was really proud of the fact he had gotten Gary Linekers autograph at a book sale.
Back in his house he had very little to say, and made no effort to hide the fact he was absolutely terrified and nervous and unsure, but my mate did talk him in to taking off his tracksuit and trainers and replace them with jeans and shoes and come out for a drink with us, to which we received more unsure jibber "Oh i dunno, i dunno eh, i dunno, i dunno, i really like tracksuits, oh i dunno".
My mate finally talked him in to it and while walking up the road trying to spark a conversation about women, like 18 year olds do, the 26 year old asked me if i like mimicking, and i had no idea what to say. He then proceeded to put on a load of funny voices and began impersonating all different kinds of actors like he thought this was fun.
He then bragged about what a fast runner he is, and when i challenged him to run to the corner of the road and i would time him, he went off sprinting like a child and when he came back he was all excited like he was having a really good time and laughing uncontrollably like a child.
I dont remember much more words that he said, but he came to the pub and drank coke, and on the way back he just acted really really strangely, always needing to urinate and always seemingly needing to be told where to urinate, it was like he could not make anykind of decision for himself.
I saw this man a few times after this as i actually went back out of sympathy, thinking that maybe i could get him out of himself, but it is the stupidest thing i done in my life.
With just me and him in the room it quickly became apparent there was no helping him.
He was not receptive to anykind of adult conversation whatsoever, and all i learnt was that he would love to go for trials for a football team but he has not got the confidence.
He does not like walking in to pubs by himself because he has not got the confidence.
His brother works in an office dealing with lots of paper work and is really intelligent but he himself does not know how his brother does it.
When he went to a social work meeting he found everyone really boring because all they do is sit around reading newspapers while he likes to have fun and talk.
Oh, and he smashed the window of a neighbour after the woman accused him of being aa weirdo and paedophile for playing football with her 12 year old son, and told him to fcuk off, which really upset him so much he got a brick and smashed her window.

Now i know this is really strange, but this guy has to be the oddest most depressed guy i ever met in my life, and it actually scared me.
It scared me so much some of the crazy depressed things he said, and the childlike immature tones he would use turned in to ruminating words in my head, and sometimes effected my own mood and depressed me a little.

Now i got over those ruminating thoughts a little as time went on, however one day nearly 20 years later i was driving my taxi when i got a phonecall to pick someone up and it was this guy.

What was worse he recognised me.
He asked me, do you remember me? Football daft?
I said, yes.
I tried to spark a conversation with him, but he did not have that much intelligent to say, although i must admit it appeared he had maybe calmed down a little in 20 years, although he let himself down badly when i asked him if he was working and he replied "No", and if no is not enough he added after a few seconds in an immature tone, "Jobs are hard to get, eh?".
I did not know what to say to that considering i am a worker with my own tai and i found that extremely odd, that he would think i would agree with him on this.
But he then enlightened me to the fact he still plays football, and added on top of that a few seconds later, "Footballs a good game, eh?".
I tried to inject some intelligence in to the conversation by asking him when was the last time he went to a football match, to which he could not conclusively answer, and then i tried to talk about our local football team, to which i got cut off, and he just repeated, "Oh, but its a good game, i really like it".
So, ok, i decided since we cant talk sensibly about football beyond its a good game innit, i will at least try and agree that it is "the beautiful game as they say", to which he replied "Oh yeah, its a great game, i really like it, oh its a brilliant game", i began to wonder when he was going to stop telling me what a great game football is.

The whole time i could see his hands and legs shaking uncontrollably like he was hyperventalating, so i just decided to stop speaking to him after that and spent the last five minutes of the drive in silence.

Now i know it is crazy, but i cant get this clowns words out of my head for some reason.

I apologise for calling him a clown as i did actually at one point feel sympathy for him and try to help him, but weirdly and insanely he has actually had a negative impact on me and left me with ruminating thoughts, and i can even find myself spacing out and analysing those thoughts which is dangerous.

I really would like to know by what little i have divulged what you think this guys medical condition is, as i feel it would help me understand him better in order to stop thinking of him as a clown.

The only other thing i know about him is when he was a kid he went to a special school .
This is voluntary, you can just decide to forget the diagnosis and have some compassion.

You don't want him knowing the insides of your head, do you? So why are the insides of his, any of your business?

You could just be Kind you know.

B

Blackyblue

Unfortunately the harsh reality is that my ears heard it and therefor my brain needs to understand it. Therefor it is everything to do with me!

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Unfortunately the harsh reality is that my ears heard it and therefor my brain needs to understand it. Therefor it is everything to do with me!
I suggest, just think, ok somethings not right, step back and leave it. IMHO.

theres nowt as queer as folk, my old nan would say.

Last edited:
N

nightmare57

I couldn't be bothered reading all that but got the gist. If you were to get charges brought against you taking advantage of a vulnerable person and ticking or stealing from him/her it's a aggravating circumstance and you're likely to face severe consequences at sentencing. And the person you bullied into handing his stuff over doesn't even have to press charges himself.