• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I regularly flick myself off

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Could you define "flick" please? In my country when someone says they "flick themselves off" it has a whole other meaning lol.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Thanks, we're on the same page now lol.

Could be much worse, at least it's not self harm. In the past I've given my voice two fingers as is the custom in the UK.

Hello513

Hello513

Could you define "flick" please? In my country when someone says they "flick themselves off" it has a whole other meaning lol.
I hate myself which is why i give myself the finger the middle finger that is why i hate myself i lost all my friends and my lover because of this fucking disease if not for that i would be golden i hate this fucking disease it can go to hell

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Well I think it's their loss, they can't have been a solid friend or lover if they abandoned you because of this. It's not like we ask for this situation, all my friends and family have thankfully stuck by me, I'm even making new friends because of this via a Facebook group for voice hearers.

I have Zoom video chats twice weekly with some great people from across the world who all know what it's like and I've even been asked if I want to go for dinner with one of them who lives not far from me. So there can be a silver lining if you know where to look.

I don't see this as an end but a new beginning.

Hello513

Hello513

Well I think it's their loss, they can't have been a solid friend or lover if they abandoned you because of this. It's not like we ask for this situation, all my friends and family have thankfully stuck by me, I'm even making new friends because of this via a Facebook group for voice hearers.

I have Zoom video chats twice weekly with some great people from across the world who all know what it's like and I've even been asked if I want to go for dinner with one of them who lives not far from me. So there can be a silver lining if you know where to look.

My lover found my best friend as a lover

Hello513

Hello513

This is disgusting it people shold not

I cant exxplain it my lover found herseslf in the arms of my best friend

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I wouldn't ever want to be with someone who bailed on someone they claimed to love when things got a little tough.

And I'd never want a best friend that would do that either, there are unwritten rules where I'm from and we don't hook up with our mates ex.

I think you'll be better off without them in the long run.

I'd try and focus on a better future, there is one out there for you I'm sure of that.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Have you made any friends here?

Hello513

Hello513

Have you made any friends here?
I have made friends here but it doesnt matter because they aremt the friends that show up for you in a pinch when you need them Dont get me wrong the people on here are great but they cannot take the place of people I know people i can Count on to hang out

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I know, online friends are different than the ones we can nip round to their house for a cuppa and a chat whenever we need it but I'll take what I can get during these mad times.

I'm just sorry you had to leave your nursing studies, there was some potential to meet new friends there, didn't you stay in touch with any of them?