• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I received a job offer

L

lowinmood

I've messed up, on my cv - I put reason for leaving for every job I've done and gave a brief explanation. On one job gap I said it was illness, but for another job gap I said it was to decorate my new home.

In the interview, she didn't ask me about job gaps, instead she asked me 'tell me about yourself' which I spoke of my job history and gave her reasons for leaving each job, for my most recent job that I left I said it was because I wanted to volunteer in the environment.

They offered me the job on Monday and sent me an email asking for 10 years work history with reasons for leaving and explanation of job gaps. I decided to be honest and said that I left my recent employer due to depression, but I've received therapy and have medication to keep it under control.

The thing is, I didn't mention this on my cv or in the interview, so they might not give me the job after all, because I omitted to tell them the truth.

I'm now panicking.

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

I guess that are lots of untruths included in CV's and it will not come as a major surprise to your prospective employer to encounter one more. But the ball is in their court now and you will just have see what they choose to do.

L

lowinmood

I feel sick and I can't sleep because I'm worrying about it.

L

lowinmood

I received an email from them to say thank you for sending in the form and that they have passed it onto the admin team, so that's good news. At least they didn't comment on the fact my reason for leaving was different.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Job ideas with no interaction with public? Burn out? Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
T I’ve lost my job, now what? Employment and Mental Health Forum 3
M It's been three months and I STILL cant get over my job loss Employment and Mental Health Forum 13
C Should I stay in an anxiety-filled job if the thought of quitting gives me even more anxiety? Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
M How can someone be so attached to a job??? Employment and Mental Health Forum 8
S tired of my job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
A Easy job suggestions Employment and Mental Health Forum 11
B Secretly cant do my job Employment and Mental Health Forum 6
T New Job after unemployment Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
M has anyone missed a really horrible job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 6
1 Partner cant keep a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 5
B Job opportunities..but.. Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
lifecangetbetter what do i say in the interview about why i lost my job Employment and Mental Health Forum 18
lifecangetbetter i'm broken hearted-job loss Employment and Mental Health Forum 3
lifecangetbetter Job suggestions for schizophrenia Employment and Mental Health Forum 25
D Just learned I may be schitzofrenic, and I am a teacher, should I quit my job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 5
lifecangetbetter Lost my job Employment and Mental Health Forum 17
E Is it bad terminating a contract before starting the job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
Anatta Aorta I'm got a job and I have serious work anxiety Employment and Mental Health Forum 8
thelonelyjedi Any Advice On How To Find A Job As A Person With Social Anxiety Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
AppleJacks88 Loving my new job... Employment and Mental Health Forum 20
H Antipsychotics and keeping down a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 50
lifecangetbetter schizophrenic STRUGGLING at their job, need help Employment and Mental Health Forum 12
babyblue22 Job hunt... Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
S Anyone heard of JETS - Job employment training support with Reed employment in the uk Employment and Mental Health Forum 6
P Got offered a job but having second thoughts Employment and Mental Health Forum 29
Fern I got a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 22
C Job Refrences Employment and Mental Health Forum 3
T Finding a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 6
S My job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
A the job centre is rubbish Employment and Mental Health Forum 5
P How to quit my job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
5 Ever quit work with no job to go to? Employment and Mental Health Forum 56
R Night Shift job offer Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
My_Second_Chance New Job - Feeling incompetent! Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
W Would it be selfish to ask my partner to quit his job? Employment and Mental Health Forum 6
My_Second_Chance New Job - Not Impressed! Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
Q I am not sure if I can hold down a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 59
C How do I find a part time job that supports me and doesn't make me ill Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
J Lost my job and not sure who to speak to Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
My_Second_Chance Is It Possible To Return To Old Job Within The Same Company! Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
Oceankeeping New job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
M I can't bring myself to look for a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
N Can't hold down a job Employment and Mental Health Forum 4
Not_Crazy_Yet I need to find either a job or a volunteer position Employment and Mental Health Forum 2
F New Job Employment and Mental Health Forum 9
valleygirl My New Job is Crap Employment and Mental Health Forum 20
C Job Employment and Mental Health Forum 1
G Inability to get a job due to mental illness Employment and Mental Health Forum 5
M False hope for a job offer Employment and Mental Health Forum 1