• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I really need to vent

P

Perseph

Hi everyone. I have been having a bit of a meltdown for the last 3 weeks so thought I desperately need to spill and talk to people. I am a self-diagnosed mix of avoidant personality with some borderline (I can only do extremes and see everything as black and white). I have told myself for the last 4 years that I’m supposed to be alone/I’m better that way, and actively avoided relationships. Now I have been approached by someone who wants an extremely controlling relationship. I of course have fallen headfirst into this idea, the thought of being wanted, ignoring all the dangers of being vulnerable and lonely and not able to say no. And then it goes cold… I cannot deal with rejection.

I am now absolutely obsessed with this idea, not sleeping, not focusing on work, literally cannot think of anything else. I’m almost hoping at this stage I will be rejected because if I am, I am going back to my boring, lonely stable life/self-imposed nunnery, and this time I will build my walls so high and install a moat and dragons around them so no-one will ever come near me again!

Ahem. This has built up slightly. Hi.

N

Nukelavee

I understand; I strongly tend to avoid intimate type relationships because being alone means being calm.

You say he wants a controlling relationship - that should be a warning sign. And playing hot and cold with you is a toxic control mechanism.

I think you should be very careful, and try to keep this going slow, if at all.

P

Perseph

I understand; I strongly tend to avoid intimate type relationships because being alone means being calm.

You say he wants a controlling relationship - that should be a warning sign. And playing hot and cold with you is a toxic control mechanism.

I think you should be very careful, and try to keep this going slow, if at all.
Yes - no intimate relationships for the last few years means I am finally getting my feet on the ground, I was calm, mostly I liked being on my own.

I am trying to pull back control now, meeting up with friends for coffee, focusing on work and getting my normal life back on track again. I find it very hard to go slow but hopefully I can.

B

blue spark

Hi everyone. I have been having a bit of a meltdown for the last 3 weeks so thought I desperately need to spill and talk to people. I am a self-diagnosed mix of avoidant personality with some borderline (I can only do extremes and see everything as black and white). I have told myself for the last 4 years that I’m supposed to be alone/I’m better that way, and actively avoided relationships. Now I have been approached by someone who wants an extremely controlling relationship. I of course have fallen headfirst into this idea, the thought of being wanted, ignoring all the dangers of being vulnerable and lonely and not able to say no. And then it goes cold… I cannot deal with rejection.

I am now absolutely obsessed with this idea, not sleeping, not focusing on work, literally cannot think of anything else. I’m almost hoping at this stage I will be rejected because if I am, I am going back to my boring, lonely stable life/self-imposed nunnery, and this time I will build my walls so high and install a moat and dragons around them so no-one will ever come near me again!

Ahem. This has built up slightly. Hi.
No,you don't want to be controled,taken advantage of,bullied and belittled if you displease.Don't do it,unless you like being tied up and whipped while wearing a gag ball.

P

Perseph

No,you don't want to be controled,taken advantage of,bullied and belittled if you displease.Don't do it,unless you like being tied up and whipped while wearing a gag ball.
I think the best would be to just stop it and get my life started again. Otherwise I am going to need daily counselling.

B

blue spark

I think the best would be to just stop it and get my life started again. Otherwise I am going to need daily counselling.
No seriously,you don't need a bully in your life.Every thing might be fine at first,but the honeymoon won't last.