• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I really need help

L

Lu91

Hi everyone,

5 years ago i suffered really bad panic and anxiety attacks.

I tested positive for covid and im in isolation until sunday.

This week my anxiety has gone through the roof!

I had an ambulance come to me as i was so scared and didnt know if it was covid symptons or anxiety attacks

The paramedics were so lovely and checked me all over and said that symptons are anxiety.

Ive calmed down a little in my mind but the phsical sympton are atill there.

Ive got a constant knot in my stomach which is now becoming uncomfortable and isnt helping with my breathing - has anyone else had this?

Ive spoken with my gp and they have advised for me to up my medication but im really scared to but i want to feel normal again.

Anyone else has these symptons or increased there dose of medication? Were you okay? How long did it take for it to feel better?.

I feel like

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
I think from the first dose, it will be in your blood, a higher amount. Over the days, the levels will build up. My basic understanding.

Try to occupy yourself with something else non covid. Do you have hobbies? reading or browsing pinterest, watching a film?

L

Lu91

I think from the first dose, it will be in your blood, a higher amount. Over the days, the levels will build up. My basic understanding.

Try to occupy yourself with something else non covid. Do you have hobbies? reading or browsing pinterest, watching a film?
Thankyou so much for replying x

My concentration at the moment isnt there. I can be watching a happy film and then my mind turns it into bad.

Its the physical symptons im stuggling the most with. They really frighten me which then makes me panic and it just turns into a viscous circle 😭.

Currently the knot in my tummy just wont go, ive been trying to force bits of food down but its like my throat tummy juat doesnt want it and makes me gag.

Its as though someones hit me in my tummy and theyve winded me its so so scary

A

Anxter

Thankyou so much for replying x

My concentration at the moment isnt there. I can be watching a happy film and then my mind turns it into bad.

Its the physical symptons im stuggling the most with. They really frighten me which then makes me panic and it just turns into a viscous circle 😭.

Currently the knot in my tummy just wont go, ive been trying to force bits of food down but its like my throat tummy juat doesnt want it and makes me gag.

Its as though someones hit me in my tummy and theyve winded me its so so scary

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
Is that a panic attack?

Can you go for a walk?

I have only had a full panic attack once and it was frightening. It passed eventually, and i was in bed at the time.

Have you learnt breathing techniques?
I think it was
IN 1 2 3
HOLD 1 2 3
OUT 1 2 3

I could never manage the HOLD just do what feels natural
Breathe so that your tummy sticks out

Bellaone

Bellaone

Hi everyone,

5 years ago i suffered really bad panic and anxiety attacks.

I tested positive for covid and im in isolation until sunday.

This week my anxiety has gone through the roof!

I had an ambulance come to me as i was so scared and didnt know if it was covid symptons or anxiety attacks

The paramedics were so lovely and checked me all over and said that symptons are anxiety.

Ive calmed down a little in my mind but the phsical sympton are atill there.

Ive got a constant knot in my stomach which is now becoming uncomfortable and isnt helping with my breathing - has anyone else had this?

Ive spoken with my gp and they have advised for me to up my medication but im really scared to but i want to feel normal again.

Anyone else has these symptons or increased there dose of medication? Were you okay? How long did it take for it to feel better?.

I feel like
I hope you start to feel better soon. At least you have been seen by the paramedics. See how your increase in medication goes and try to take you mind off of things a little bit. Best wishes

A

Anxter

Hi Lu91,
I have been in the same situation as you. Stomach pain, throat and chest tightness. I scared myself into thinking I had COVID. I tested negative, so the anxiety beast got me to thinking I had a heart problem which I don't think I actually have. I suspect it's actually my gerd acting up, but I will be talking to my dr on Monday. I would follow your dr's advice and see if it doesn't relieve some of the symptoms you are feeling. A professional's reassurance usually helps me. If you can compartmentalize your anxiety thoughts from your normal daily thoughts and activities, that may help, too. It's hard to break that vicious circle, but when you do, it's such a relief. Hang in there, you're stronger than you know.

L

Lu91

I hope you start to feel better soon. At least you have been seen by the paramedics. See how your increase in medication goes and try to take you mind off of things a little bit. Best wishes
Thankyou xx

I think im going to try and increase the dose tonight. Hopefully as its in my system already it wont take too long 🤞

Ive turned all my news notifications off too as its never good news and thunk they havs scared the life out of all of us... they dont tell you the positives

X

Bellaone

Bellaone

Thankyou xx

I think im going to try and increase the dose tonight. Hopefully as its in my system already it wont take too long 🤞

Ive turned all my news notifications off too as its never good news and thunk they havs scared the life out of all of us... they dont tell you the positives

X
That’s good. 🤞
I have done that too. The news makes my anxiety worse. I just watch it in small doses.

L

Lu91

Hi Lu91,
I have been in the same situation as you. Stomach pain, throat and chest tightness. I scared myself into thinking I had COVID. I tested negative, so the anxiety beast got me to thinking I had a heart problem which I don't think I actually have. I suspect it's actually my gerd acting up, but I will be talking to my dr on Monday. I would follow your dr's advice and see if it doesn't relieve some of the symptoms you are feeling. A professional's reassurance usually helps me. If you can compartmentalize your anxiety thoughts from your normal daily thoughts and activities, that may help, too. It's hard to break that vicious circle, but when you do, it's such a relief. Hang in there, you're stronger than you know.
Thankyou, its horrible to hear you are suffering too but knowing people have the same problems makes you realise that although its really scary and you fear the worse its our bodys reacting.

I tested postive and in isolatiom until sunday.

To be honest i had very mild covid symptons it was my anxiety that came with vengeance.

I live with my partner and his been so good with me but he hasnt got a clue when it comes to panic attacks and anxiety i think i really frightened him 🙈

L

Lu91

Is that a panic attack?

Can you go for a walk?

I have only had a full panic attack once and it was frightening. It passed eventually, and i was in bed at the time.

Have you learnt breathing techniques?
I think it was
IN 1 2 3
HOLD 1 2 3
OUT 1 2 3

I could never manage the HOLD just do what feels natural
Breathe so that your tummy sticks out
Ive had 4 panic attacks over the last 2 days.

Its emotionally and physically tiring.

My partner then called an ambulance as i had covid and wasnt aure whether it was covid or anxiety and i was just a mess.

Thankfully they have put it down to anxiety and im covid fine.

Ive been listening to belta waves on youtube which has helped get a little sleep

X