I really need advice please

A

ALI07

As you may know... i have an on off relationship with a bipolar partner.
It has been rocky since day dot. I love him dearly... but I don't know how to deal with the hot cold up down. One minute he wants to marry me the next day we're apparently in the friend zone. Nothing I seem to do or say is right or good enough and im being constantly compared to an ex partner or he'll say he can't make me happy because he cant bring anything to my world as he is unhappy and has nothing financial to contribute. I dont care for financial status and just want him for who he is but thats not good enough. One day I mean everything to gim the next I'm contributing to his unhappuness.... we keep going round in circles with him believing he cant make me happy because his world is not perfect.. .. and keeos bringing up past relationships. .. I'm starting to wonder why he is still hanging on.... i don't know. It's a never ending issue. Sometimes i feel it best if i leave and allow him to drift as he's done the past few years. ....

Y

Yodagirl

Sorry you’re going through this. Is he willing to see the doctor? I have bipolar disorder as well, being on a mood stabilizer has done wonders. I’m no longer up and down.

GaryC123

GaryC123

Agree with Yodagirl, sounds like a med change (or addition) might possibly help him.

A

ALI07

I've asked if he'd consider meds... he said he's been there done that and doesn't want to be on them. This person is my heart and soul and i feel helpless. I just want him in my life and hes gone... again!!!!

A

ALI07

I can't do it anymore...and I need to move forward. ... just hurts like hell . Thank you for your support x