• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I need your support

G

Gadilio

Hello Everyone,
I need your support or if you have any similar experience I would love to hear.

I have been suffering from Depression and Anxiety for the past 15 years, I have tried all antidepressants medication on the market and non of them worked except for Lexapro, it worked fine on the first 4 years maybe and it stopped working it’s like I’m facing a tolerance with it, Dr have made me tried all Medication from Prozac, Cymbalta, Zoloft, Effexor, Seroxat, ablify and more and more. I might have an antidepressants resistant he also made me to try TMS it’s a sort of some electrical wave that hit your brain and it didn’t work as well. For the last 8 months I asked the dr to quit the medication as it not working and try things out, I managed the withdrawal symptoms and I was feeling ok not bad as severe but ok, for the past 3 week all bad symptoms returned back but severely and it’s hard to manage at all. I’m working with a psychologist and she informed me that I have as well obsessive compulsive personality disorder but I have never was diagnosed by this illness. I’m stuck and I can’t work. I go to work but I can’t communicate with anyone and I do feel that I’m very weird and I don’t have the energy to do anything plus no interest on anything. I need your support if you have been on this, and how did you manage it. I’m really frustrated and hopeless.

D

Deleted member 91323

Hello Gadillio. Welcome to the forum. It is so hard when antidepressants cannot help our depression. You say you feel worse after not being on an antidepressant so I am wondering if they were actually helping a little bit. I take Vortexoatine but I am still depressed. It just takes the edge of it at times. Have you ever had any therapy? That may be helpful to find out if there are any reasons you have depression and anxiety.

G

Gadilio

Hello bpd2020, I really appreciate your reply. I’m on a CBT therapy, it’s not working good I feel I need something to push the therapy or something to give me energy . Antidepressants was working on the beginning and stopped being affective.

D

Deleted member 91323

I do not think CBT is in depth enough to treat depression. It is more about challenging thoughts. Is it possible for you to try a different kind of therapy?

G

Gadilio

If you can elaborate more what kind of therapy do I need, I’ll be appreciated

D

Deleted member 91323

Well, I cannot be sure as I do not know your circumstances. Maybe looking up various therapies will help you to decide which you would like to try?

anayamoo

anayamoo

I don't have any advice however I read you have ocpd and just wanted to reach out and say same and if you ever want to chat, shoot me a message

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
mami5 Need help, support, advice....anything...please? Mental Health Experiences 44
A New to forum, need support Mental Health Experiences 2
Raevslife I need support. Mental Health Experiences 12
Lilly776 i need help asap please Mental Health Experiences 16
Lilly776 i need to self [email protected] so badly Mental Health Experiences 5
Lilly776 need someone to off load to Mental Health Experiences 51
hORIzonFINK210 (Was blog15) No need to stress illests..... Mental Health Experiences 4
VictorKennedy Need some advice Mental Health Experiences 5
Louizard I need a stuffed animal with me Mental Health Experiences 9
B Urgently need someone to talk to while I am trying to keep myself safe while waiting for an ambulance Mental Health Experiences 3
Bod Do I need to Talk to my Doctor Mental Health Experiences 6
DMG I am lost and I need some advice. Mental Health Experiences 1
J Need some help... problems at home Mental Health Experiences 4
A Need help? Mental Health Experiences 1
T What I’m going through, my troubles and in urgent need of help. Mental Health Experiences 15
lavenderfire When People Need Help But Parents Don't Step In Mental Health Experiences 5
T Need Help & Answers Mental Health Experiences 3
A Need advice if possible Mental Health Experiences 4
T Cops may need real help like we do Mental Health Experiences 13
O I don't need me. Mental Health Experiences 4
U I'm growing tired of living and need advice Mental Health Experiences 3
L This is too much, I need advice Mental Health Experiences 2
R I need a computer whizz Mental Health Experiences 5
Honeyshadow Need a friend Mental Health Experiences 14
K My constant need for validation is taking me down a dark path Mental Health Experiences 6
S Just got prescribed GABApentin need info please Mental Health Experiences 4
L I Need Advice Please Mental Health Experiences 3
L Im in need of some help. Mental Health Experiences 10
A Need help dealing with my mother Mental Health Experiences 3
J Need a therapists perspective Mental Health Experiences 3
H Do I need to see a psychologist Mental Health Experiences 5
L Need help possable neurological disorder... Mental Health Experiences 1
Twinkle14 I need advice Mental Health Experiences 5
M Need advice on BDD Mental Health Experiences 1
Z I need to find people who understand Mental Health Experiences 10
Amber1964 Need help please Mental Health Experiences 6
L Epileptic? Body twitches in need of ideas... Mental Health Experiences 11
R I just need to rant Mental Health Experiences 2
B Overwhelmed and in need of advice Mental Health Experiences 6
T How to tell my parents that i probably need therapy Mental Health Experiences 3
Topcat Family - bad relationships - need advice (bit long sorry) Mental Health Experiences 5
Star_light I’m here if you need me Mental Health Experiences 2
Hello513 I NEED ADVICE Mental Health Experiences 5
A I need help Mental Health Experiences 3
B Why do people feel the need to ruin everything? Mental Health Experiences 1
K In need of an insight Mental Health Experiences 4
V In need of advices Mental Health Experiences 6
K I really need to talk Mental Health Experiences 35
catmom_09 Today I admitted to myself that I need help Mental Health Experiences 10
M I'm struggling and need advice!! Mental Health Experiences 8