• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I need urgent advice

J

juuulilo_347

I have been recently diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and it explains everything. Even though I was able to get into the college and degree I wanted to pursue, I want to give up because I can't deal with the pressure academic life demands but I also know that if I give up I'm life and any future mental stability prospects away. What should I do?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
You want to give up your course? Or are you talking about suicide?

Many people with BPD manage to get through university, have good jobs, get married and have children and have a good and happy life. I think it is an indication of your past, and so from now, it is all about getting better so you can be happier and safer.

Some people need to take a break from study or work, to rest, to get better. Some people change career.

Rest
Take it one day at a time
Whatever you chose to do, take it slowly

Are you having any treatment or medication? Is your psychiatrist giving you help?

Please keep writing and we will support you through this. There are many wonderful people on the forum with BPD who will help you through this too.

Welcome!
Tawny :)

B

Bobby B

Hiya welcome to the forum. Have you reached out to the support available at college. So many students have anxiety based on the pressures of achievement, there is help available if you reach out.

Racer

Racer

Hi Juuulilio , sorry to hear how hard things have been. if it is something you want. i hoe you can find the strength to do it. either way, be good to yourself, you deserve it !

Bod

Bod

Hello and welcome to the forum, so what is the degree you are hoping to get while at college ?

J

juuulilo_347

Hiya welcome to the forum. Have you reached out to the support available at college. So many students have anxiety based on the pressures of achievement, there is help available if you reach out.
I would be discriminated against at college due to my diagnosis and I can't risk losing opportunities due to my psychologycal situation, I know that it matters and that I need support which thankfully my mum is able to provide but I can never disclose that information at college

J

juuulilo_347

You want to give up your course? Or are you talking about suicide?

Many people with BPD manage to get through university, have good jobs, get married and have children and have a good and happy life. I think it is an indication of your past, and so from now, it is all about getting better so you can be happier and safer.

Some people need to take a break from study or work, to rest, to get better. Some people change career.

Rest
Take it one day at a time
Whatever you chose to do, take it slowly

Are you having any treatment or medication? Is your psychiatrist giving you help?

Please keep writing and we will support you through this. There are many wonderful people on the forum with BPD who will help you through this too.

Welcome!
Tawny :)
I've had two suicide attempts in the past but right know I feel like I just want this suffering to stop, I don't like I'll put in action, my last suicide attempt was not too long ago and I had some physical health complications due to it and I just can't strenght in me to try it again.
I was referring to droping out, which I know that should I choose to follow that route, I will end up trying to end my life all over again and I just want to prevent it while I can still rationalize this outcoming...