• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

i need to learn this?

H

HONEYSWEET

if something or some1 upsets you how do u deal with it without just blindly reacting?

u cant control others so how do u control yr own emotions wen they react as quick as lightning?

xx

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
If I knew the answer I'd be a millionaire. I think the the best thing to do is to count to ten before you answer and just ask yourself if its really worth your time and effort to get angry - a lot of things are worth getting angry about but others just aren't. To be honest I'm the opposite and it takes an awful lot to get me angry, but when I do its best to stay clear!! Even then I try to take myself into another room. A good outburst is good for you though, but to me I think its just a case of choosing your arguements carefully xx

H

HONEYSWEET

i think a lot of it is the pmdd as on my good wk i dont seem to react so quick. do u find if u dont let people know yr feelings, u turn on yrself?

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
i turn on myself anyway!! I take everything personally, I'm a tad insecure!! I'm not a sap or anything, if I don't agree with something I'll let people know but I find when I do get worked up about things then it tends to me who suffers most cos I beat myself up about every liitle thing thats been said. So now I just try not to bother about things that aren't important - its difficult though!!
I'll give you an example. Its my mums 60th birthday next week and shes in Tenerife with my dad, my sister and my sisters boyfriend. My mums arranged a night out for 13 of us next saturday and has said she paying for it. I don't think its right that she should pay for it so I phoned my 2 aunts to say I thought we should club together and pay for it. They said my mums fine paying for it and they've been invited so its ok for my mum to pay. Now I'm absolutely raging about this and have got myself in a state. The worst of it is me and mum don't get on and she picks on everything I do but its me whos getting all worked up even though shes said she'll pay for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
naya Other 2
R Other 8
D Other 1
Tamziie93 Other 5
wollie Other 5