• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i need to get help for the sake of my family...

R

rainandsnowxo

i have had luck with ssris in the past to help my depression and anxiety. for a while now i have not had any luck at all relieving it. i have tried quite a few different antidepressants with no luck. theres no drive and nothing to look forward to and all i feel is guilt and anxiety and just everything opposite of happyness. my mother is getting older and i should be helping her out. i have had my own issues going on which is preventing me from helping. did anyone else take an ssri and was helped out by them but than they lost its effect? did you have to try something lamictal or different type of antidepressant. what was your treatment option that kicked in i need someone to relate to all stories are appreciated to over come this what is your experience?

jajingna

jajingna

Zoloft helped me several times in the past, except last time around it seemed to do nothing. Maybe I didn't need it then? I guess it's possible for those drugs to lose their effectiveness. Have you seen a doctor?

P

pollypocket88

Hi there I suffer with a anxiety disorder and pychosis due to a traumatic event in my life . At first I was put on sertraline by my doctor . I then went down hill mentally ended up in a and e and I was there referred to a home based treatment team who were great I was put on 200 mg of sertraline and 350 of quatiapine which has now gone up my quatiapine has now I’m under a mental health community team which I feel don’t do much .
I feel that going to a and e saved my life that night as the home based treatment gram were really good .

R

rainandsnowxo

i cant go to A and e or to the hospital ward unless im admitted. im stuck just being left unatended and not getting anywhere

P

pollypocket88

i cant go to A and e or to the hospital ward unless im admitted. im stuck just being left unatended and not getting anywhere
I’m not sure where bouts you are im
In the uk . There are mental health nurses in a and e where I’m based so I went into a and e and I was assessed by the nurses who referred me to home based treatment . If you go to a and e they can help .

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
KaoticKiss I need help with life!!! Depression Forum 55
A I need help!! Depression Forum 27
F Need opinions, ideas, anything to help. Depression Forum 7
Bezerker I need help and don't know where to post Depression Forum 10
G Just need a bit of help? Depression Forum 24
G I need help ‘May be triggering’ Depression Forum 5
J Need some help I'm feeling very depressed the moment and just do not feel good Depression Forum 4
W I need help! Depression Forum 5
S I need help but I can't get help Depression Forum 20
J Need life help, my story. (sorry) Depression Forum 7
L NEED HELP SOMEONE PLEASE Depression Forum 8
W need help please Depression Forum 6
B I need help for my sister Depression Forum 7
J Need help with sleep..... What works for you Depression Forum 29
Mathew I need some help Depression Forum 7
W Need to support son with depression Depression Forum 4
I Need to moan Depression Forum 5
S Need some advice about a man with depression (I am depressed too) Depression Forum 12
Y Reaching out to someone in need Depression Forum 3
Catty5 Alone....need someone to talk. Depression Forum 9
J Barely have any friends, need advice from others. Depression Forum 2
W I need your opinion / advices, i'm lost with this "friendship".. Depression Forum 25
P Need some serious advice Depression Forum 4
B Blue and in need of a guide Depression Forum 3
W I need to unload and don't know how to talk about stuff so this is my shout in to the void Depression Forum 3
kimidare Need to vent or explode, or implode ? Depression Forum 13
Marrex A need to vent Depression Forum 6
R I need someone to talk to if possible. Depression Forum 18
L I Think I Need To Change Meds Depression Forum 7
B Struggling and need to talk Depression Forum 2
A Need Someone to Talk To.... Depression Forum 6
D Deteriorating mental health : I need to get a lot off my chest Depression Forum 25
J My story is unoriginal but I need to vent pls Depression Forum 6
M Girlfriend has depression and has pushed away. Need advice/support Depression Forum 2
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
S SSRIs are screwing me up. Need ur experience with wellbutrinh Depression Forum 1
S In need of some reassurance Depression Forum 1
J I need this off my chest Depression Forum 2
M I need to finally admit i havent fixed it Depression Forum 3
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
ineedabettername I’m in need of some serious life advice. 💢 What can I do? Depression Forum 5
E I need a new perspective Depression Forum 2
A The need for others Depression Forum 6
L I need to concentrate on studying, but I can't. Depression Forum 9
E Need advice Depression Forum 7
S Need some advice Depression Forum 4
M Need some advice for helping my partner Depression Forum 1
K Help! Depression Forum 10
GaryC123 Help Depression Forum 16
R Help Feeling empty Depression Forum 13