• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need to be able to talk to people to understand !

starflower

starflower

:scared:Hi like most peple who have never used any type of forum before, it seems extremely scary. I want to be able to recieve help and support from the people who really understand, and that,s all of us who have exprienced depression. Only we know how affects us, and sometimes we feel so alone because most people don't understand.

I have had depresseion/anxiety for 17 years. It started to the reaction of a life event and has just continued. There are spells when I am better than other, and to the outside world, except for the professionals, I probably seem that way. But my children are the ones who have been there for me, they know when my moods low, when I need extra help. My youngest was two years old when I first became ill. My other two were only eight and ten. They have been through so much with me.

They are the ones who keep me going, they are my life. :cry:

I need a friend, I need to be able to talk and recieve support from those of us who really know, ourselves and our carers, for those of us who are lucky enough to have one.

Please help

J

jamesdean

I think that you will find this forum very supportive I hope that you can enjoy it best wishes JD

D

Dollit

This isn't a scary place. Have a look at the threads, we enjoy lively debate but there is also an awful lot of love here. People understand each other and give a special kind of support. Just join in when and where you want to.

And welcome.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the Forum gizmondo. Mental Health problems tend to be tremendously isolating by their nature and one of the biggest aims of this Forum is that no-one will feel that they are alone. Hope that you find support and help here.

Nick.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Please don't be scared...at least not here. We've all been there in some way or other.

Maybe you would like to start a blog on the forum to keep track of your thoughts & experiences? We have a good place for that.

I truly hope you come to trust us here on the forum.

Take care, and welcome! :welcome:

Sophie

Sophie

Hi ,:welcome:
Like you I am also new to this site ,I am so glad that I have found it .With depression or any mental illness you do feel alone .Its like a taboo subject .You will get a lot of support and advice from here .Like you I also want to make friends .Take care my friend , and remember you are not alone .
Sophie

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello Gismondo and Sophie,

I hope you get the support you are looking for here
:welcome::hug:

Sophie

Sophie

Hi Colin76 .I am hoping to make some friends