• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need someone to talk to

L

Lay12

Hi, I've just joined this today and don't really know what to write. I am a long sufferer of depression and this past year has been really terrible for me. I started taking tablets this time last year and they really worked but I felt I didn't want to have to take medication to make myself better. Then in June last year my mummy died and it's just been the worst thing. I feel so alone, she was my best friend. No one around me understands and I feel so alone. I have no support from anyone and even my boyfriend isn't caring. I feel I'm just going in a downhill spiral. I'd love someone who can relate to talk to xx

Unique1

Unique1

Hi lay12 and welcome.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, I lost my mum quite some time ago now it's devastating, and the different emotions we go through are so hard and exhausting.
This forum is a great place to get chatting to people who have had lots of different life experiences and understand lots of different things. I hope you find it helps.
Have you had any bereavement counselling ? That does help, I know there are waiting lists depending on your area, definitly worth looking at too.
Xx

V

Viktoria

I cant relate but a warm welcome to the forum and I hope someone comes along who can relate and support and help you.
I wish you the very best and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Welcome to the forum lay x
I totally get you x I lost my precious mummy 7 months ago - she was my everything. No one can understand the pain you feel until they have been in your shoes, devestated, broken, missing - words can't describe it x
Get berevement counselling as soon as you can - cruse are a good organisation but do have waiting lists and aren't in all areas. Their website is good though, and they offer telephone advise and email support. I've emailed them before, they are quick to reply and very understanding, sometimes I just email them with 'I miss her' or 'it hurts bad' and they respond and let me get it all out x
I hope you find a little peace here x feel free to pm me anytime x
P.s - my boyfriend ceased all communication from me 2 days after my mum died, he couldn't hack it apparently!

B

Barbie Doll

So sorry to hear this.. Welcome to the site, I'm a newbie too.
I lost my mum when I was 20.. It's devastating and I'm sorry to say (although you'll already know) you'll never replace her. You'll never stop missing her but in my experience you learn to cope with them not being around.
Only today I bumped into someone and I really wanted to tell my mum about it. That feeling won't go but try to focus on the fact that you obviously had a lovely mother and think of the good times. It helps me to smile when I think of her... And now it's almost an automatic reaction.
All the love in the world ladies. It hurts when the good ones leave us.
Oh and I had a boyfriend like that Sparklypurplepaws. Really blinkin helpful!! Xx

M

Madmitch

:welcome: Lay12,

I'm unsure when you wrote your post, but, I hope your feeling better now? If, you live in Britain there are a couple of numbers you may choose to phone! Breathing Space 0800 83 85 87 (I think) 0r Samaritans they're in the phonebook I don't know their number offhand.

Both organisations provide a 'great ear' to listen to 'your problems' and are impartial. From my experience I have more often than not came away feeling positive. If, you do? I hope you find the same result.

Other than that all I can offer is 'what difference a day makes' and yes it is a cliché but, a good nights sleep can be beneficial to 'our' mind. It doesn't always work for me like that, but, I'm trying to help change your mind-set.

Lastly please don't give up, remember the good, loving memories of your Mother and the happy times you both shared together.

Find the strength within to take one day at a time, and if, possible try and do something every day that makes you smile and pleases you!

Warmest regards, :)