• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need someone to talk to other then my dog

P

Pleasehelp

So I have a problem.....
I had a mental illness problem that only lasted about a month... But now for the rest of my life I have to pay for it......
My roommate just found out about it and now she is kicking me out. I didn't do anything wrong. Someone told her I was insaine and now she is kicking me out. Seriously I have done nothing wrong... This is not fair.... Why are people so judgemental? She never heard my story... She doesn't know anything.. She just heard some rumor that I was crazy now she is kicking me out. This happens at jobs too. The second the employers find out they fire me or wont hire me.. for no reason at all other then they found out that once I had a mental problem. They can't even come up with real excuses to fire me or kick me out... They make up fake ones.

All my relationships are ruined because of this. My so called friends found out and told the rest of my so called friends and now it is over with them. People at work found out and now it is over with them too..... I know soooo many people that I feel like I have to run away where I don't know anyone. But I know sooo many people that I think this will follow me where ever I go and I will be running for the rest of my life. Being popular can be bad... very bad.... no privacy.. running from my past..... Can't imagine what would happen if I became famous or something???

It is not fair...... why do they judge me soo?????? Everything is fine until they find out.... and then they turn on me so fast like a sweet soft puppy to a furocious Beast with fangs biting into my soft skin.

People have this idea of what a crazy person is.. They have this preconcieved idea of what it is to be insaine. I was not a bad person even when I did loose my mind for a brief period of time. I was actually up there with the nicest, purest, sweetest most unbelievable good people in the world. I compared myself to GOD and Jesus. I was practically perfect. I wouldn't do anything, I mean anything wrong at all.. If I even thought it was wrong I wouldn't do it. I was and I mean it the best person on the face of the earth at that time. And people see this as a bad thing? NO.... how is this bad? IT was a gift and a curse at the same time... IT was a gift from GOD. But it was a curse because of how people view it. They don't know.. They have no idea what I went through or what was going on in my head. They how no idea of what a good person I am. All they know is that when they hear that I was crazy or insaine or anthing along these lines they flip on me and it is over. They call me names and make fun of me. They hold it against me. They use it against me.. Like nothing I say is of any real value or worth, credibility just because of this one incident that happened how ever long ago. And I am so afraid that I will be running from this for the rest of my life. I can never introduce a friend or boyfriend to my relatives. I almost want to join the witness protection plan and start over. Give me a new Social Socurity Number and let me start over. It is just not fair that people can look all this personal medical history information up about me. It is not right. This should be illegal. It is an invasion of my privacy. Why doesn't the world see how wrong this is!? This is so wrong! I can't take jobs where they do background checks..... This is so wrong..............
Now I am going to move...... but I know I know... I know sooooo many people that it is still going to follow me. I would have to totally leave the country and it would still follow me. I can't leave this earth.... or move to mars..... My only other option would be to sit in my house and never come out. Never talk to anyone..... Never work...... This is not fair to me.... Why do they judge me soo????????? They don't even know what happened. They never even heard the story. They don't even know me.. They can never know me now. Just me, my dog and god........What a lonely world this is.... what a lonely world.................

I just wish God would punish all the people who judged me and still judge. I wish God would make them feel the way they made me feel. I wish God would ruin thier lives the way they ruined mine. And show no mercy...no mercy... I wish someone would speak up and say! This is not right! Stop it now!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
A

Ainsworth

hey Pleasehelp, :welcome:

sorry your having such a tough time at the moment, some people are judgemental, your right it isnt fair.

i hope you find this forum a safe place for you.

im off for a cup of tea, my brain is fuzzy atm :tea:

J

jamesdean

I tried to read yourpost but my head is fuzzy too hope that you find this forum supportive regards JD

A

Apotheosis

So I have a problem.....

People have this idea of what a crazy person is.. They have this preconcieved idea of what it is to be insaine.

IT was a gift and a curse at the same time... IT was a gift from GOD. But it was a curse because of how people view it. They don't know.. They have no idea what I went through or what was going on in my head. They how no idea of what a good person I am. All they know is that when they hear that I was crazy or insaine or anthing along these lines they flip on me and it is over.

It is not right. This should be illegal. It is an invasion of my privacy. Why doesn't the world see how wrong this is!? This is so wrong!

My only other option would be to sit in my house and never come out. Never talk to anyone..... Never work...... This is not fair to me.... Why do they judge me soo????????? They don't even know what happened. They never even heard the story. They don't even know me.. They can never know me now. Just me, my dog and god........What a lonely world this is.... what a lonely world.................

I just wish God would punish all the people who judged me and still judge. I wish God would make them feel the way they made me feel. I wish God would ruin thier lives the way they ruined mine. And show no mercy...no mercy... I wish someone would speak up and say! This is not right! Stop it now!!!!!!!!!
Hi - Yes, it's all so very very wrong. Stigma & discrimination is endemic in our society & this World; to the point of all the ignorance & wrong; just being accepted as being normal - The majority of people don't see it. People don't see this injustice in themselves, & nor do they see it in the World. Indeed, even many of the 'mentally ill' themselves share the same stigmatising & discriminating attitudes as just about everyone else.

The simple truth is that people are not interested in listening to someone with a MH condition - they really have no interest whatsoever; & they will have all kinds of ignorant, bigoted, untrue & biased preconceived notions as to what mental ilness is - they don't understand, & they have no interest in understanding; they could not give a shit.

This is hard to accept; & incredibly difficult to deal with in society. I have largely dropped out of the wider society - I have lived alone over 8 years, been out of work over 10 years, & not been in a relationship over 12 years.

I sincerely hope that at some stage, & on some level; people are made aware of what people like us have gone through.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi pleasehelp

I'm sorry things are so tough for you at the moment.

How old are you?

I only ask because I found my friends were more judgemental when I was younger. Now I've aged a bit many of my friends have a better understanding, through some 'life experience' and are alot less judgemental.

I hope you feel able to talk about your experiences here, sometimes just not being able to talk about your past and problems because of the fear of how you may be perceived, or them not being able to understand can be very frustrating.

Take care,
Sapphire

shadow8

shadow8

hi
sorry you're having a bad time at the moment.

i have always been worried about people finding out about my mental health. i have only told a few people i really, really trust. Even when i told them i still had to explain for them to understand.

i think the only way to improve people's views on mental health issues is to explain to them and make them relise we are not crazy.

i don't know if you can explain it to your friends or even if you want to but this might help them understand.

keep posting cause here we understand

hugs

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

hi ya pleasehelp,you are not alone mate,the same thing has happend to me too,most of my old mate's have dropped me because i am sick,i have not done anything wrong to any of them at all,i think they all just need to grow up & get some understanding about the world that they live in.

what make me sick is,they are all still taking drugs & doing bad stuff that i would never go & do,i think they have lost it more then me,how dare they call me lost it when i am not the one going around robbing people,they do not care about anything,well i care about others & i would never beat & steal from someone,am i the one that is always in & out of prisons for crimes ? no i am not because i have learnt right from wrong,something that they need to go & do

i hope that they all get sick & everyone turns on them so they can see how they like it.

take care & i hope you make some new mates soon,real mates that really care about you :hug::grouphug:

CelticTwilight

CelticTwilight

Sorry you are going through this pleasehelp.

I have been dropped by friends or rather acquaintances for being interested in astrology even for changing my style of dress but most crucially I feel it is about being different in a way that affects their own personal image.

If it wasn't for the inconveniences it brings along the way such as the one you have just experienced then I'd say losing some of this ballast is a blessing in disguise. Hopefully in the short term you will get the break you do deserve by being (as I like no more weed have self identified) a good person and in the long term the benefit of having less shallow people in your life.

I'm very much a loner (though not without real friends who understand me) and intermittently have people making suggestions for me to make friends as if I have to be around someone else every single minute of my life to be able to function - because this is how 'they' think: they see me alone regularly and assume even without knowing I have mental health problems that I have no friends. Getting to the point though, I am wondering what it was that made certain people in my life and indeed your own attach themselves as 'friends' in the first place.

Although you probably can't see it now for the shite they've lumped you in: YOU'RE WELL SHUT!

Kind regards,
CT

R

rasselas

stigma

Sad to hear your story. It's all too common. I expect lots of people on here have suffered similar discrimination. I have too, and continue to. oing through the whole process of becoming unwell, then entering psychiatric services - it can be very painfl, to see friends and even famil pull away. Mental distress frightens people - it can also be very challenging for those people that remain. In time, things tend to improve, you'll get lots of opportunities to make new friends on your terms. I wish you the best and hope you can hold things together.

R

rasselas

please excuse the typos... the batteries in my wireless k/b are on their last legs!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A People 2
Butterfly_girl People 9
C People 6
D People 2
FlowerBox People 4