• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I need some friends

Helloseaturtle

Helloseaturtle

Hi, I really need friends with BPD. This website is confusing to me and I just feel really alone.

W

WhySoSerious

What are you going to do to get some then? I don't think they are going to be knocking on the door without any kind of prompt!

Firstly what do you like doing? art? reading? sport? Find something you like doing (or even something that you could give a go) and then start researching clubs/groups in the local area to you. Once you have done that you need to actively consider the practicalities of attending - planning ahead for what may happen without over-doing it. Then go against the fear (if you have any) and DO IT!

Nothing changes unless we DO differently. You can do this! Its scary, painful and opens you up to new things but that's what making friends is all about. Good luck!

PS: whilst i deeply appreciate this forum I am very reluctant to befriend people on here (in real life). Not because the people aren't fantastic, but if we both have difficulties it can often end in tears (misunderstandings, co-dependence, idolisation/devaluation etc). But thats just my view.

B

Bobbyewing

What are you going to do to get some then? I don't think they are going to be knocking on the door without any kind of prompt!

Firstly what do you like doing? art? reading? sport? Find something you like doing (or even something that you could give a go) and then start researching clubs/groups in the local area to you. Once you have done that you need to actively consider the practicalities of attending - planning ahead for what may happen without over-doing it. Then go against the fear (if you have any) and DO IT!

Nothing changes unless we DO differently. You can do this! Its scary, painful and opens you up to new things but that's what making friends is all about. Good luck!

PS: whilst i deeply appreciate this forum I am very reluctant to befriend people on here (in real life). Not because the people aren't fantastic, but if we both have difficulties it can often end in tears (misunderstandings, co-dependence, idolisation/devaluation etc). But thats just my view.
I think this is an excellent post. Do what you enjoy. Friendships take time to develop. A good year. So be patient.
Don't expect friends to solve your issues. That can be a bdp thing.
In the meantime we are here for you.

Braveheart

Braveheart

Hi, I really need friends with BPD. This website is confusing to me and I just feel really alone.
Hi, there will be plenty of folks here with BPD. I don't have it myself but I have my share. I hope you find what you need here. We are all here to listen , lend a hand 🤗🤗

H

hairybanana

Im sorry you’re feeling confused, but glad you’ve managed to post to reach out for some support. Did you need help navigating the forum?