• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need some advice

P

Pip22

Hello

Where to start... well I think i may have bipolar disorder, but am really not sure. I have periods where i feel like i'm different and more special than everyone else and could do anything i put my mind to and usually get myself all worked up by it and hyper. I recently walked out of my job because i felt i could do a better job than my managers even though i was barely keeping up with the work i already had. As soon as i walked out i felt great and smiled all the way home, but recently the depressive state has kicked in and i curse myself daily for being such an idiot. I am now jobless in the middle of a recession good going Pip. I get very snappy when people try and help me and immediately think they are criticising me or don't understand me as a person. My boyfriend does not think i have a problem and thinks i am being melodramatic but i know something is not right and have known since about the age of 11+. I have recently seen my GP about it and he said i have most of the symptoms but because my periods of highs and lows don't last for weeks or month at a time he is not sure so has referred elsewhere. I suppose what i am asking is whether he correct in saying that? Do the periods usually last for a longer length of time. Do you think i have bipolar? Any help would be great. I just want to know what is wrong.

Thank you

Pip.x :)

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, I don't know much about it but I've heard on here about 'rapid cycling' when the moods swing more quickly. Perhaps someone else on here who knows a bit more about that could help?

thing fish

thing fish

i rapid cycle.
i can go from manic to depressed in the same day.
it's possible.

i downloaded a chart to keep track of my moods. maybe you should try that

P

Pip22

Thank you both that is really helpful. I am pretty certain i have it and that has just confirmed my thoughts :) i will try and keep a log and am hopefully going to have CBT which might help me understand it a bit more also.

jax

jax

I rapid cycle too - mine is called ultra-radian cycling. I can have 10 mood swings or more in one day. Horrible. That is not happening since I went into hospital.

thing fish

thing fish

I rapid cycle too - mine is called ultra-radian cycling. I can have 10 mood swings or more in one day. Horrible. That is not happening since I went into hospital.
same here. i can cycle that fast too