• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I need some advice

P

Pip22

Hello

Where to start... well I think i may have bipolar disorder, but am really not sure. I have periods where i feel like i'm different and more special than everyone else and could do anything i put my mind to and usually get myself all worked up by it and hyper. I recently walked out of my job because i felt i could do a better job than my managers even though i was barely keeping up with the work i already had. As soon as i walked out i felt great and smiled all the way home, but recently the depressive state has kicked in and i curse myself daily for being such an idiot. I am now jobless in the middle of a recession good going Pip. I get very snappy when people try and help me and immediately think they are criticising me or don't understand me as a person. My boyfriend does not think i have a problem and thinks i am being melodramatic but i know something is not right and have known since about the age of 11+. I have recently seen my GP about it and he said i have most of the symptoms but because my periods of highs and lows don't last for weeks or month at a time he is not sure so has referred elsewhere. I suppose what i am asking is whether he correct in saying that? Do the periods usually last for a longer length of time. Do you think i have bipolar? Any help would be great. I just want to know what is wrong.

Thank you

Pip.x :)

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi, I don't know much about it but I've heard on here about 'rapid cycling' when the moods swing more quickly. Perhaps someone else on here who knows a bit more about that could help?

thing fish

thing fish

i rapid cycle.
i can go from manic to depressed in the same day.
it's possible.

i downloaded a chart to keep track of my moods. maybe you should try that

P

Pip22

Thank you both that is really helpful. I am pretty certain i have it and that has just confirmed my thoughts :) i will try and keep a log and am hopefully going to have CBT which might help me understand it a bit more also.

jax

jax

I rapid cycle too - mine is called ultra-radian cycling. I can have 10 mood swings or more in one day. Horrible. That is not happening since I went into hospital.

thing fish

thing fish

I rapid cycle too - mine is called ultra-radian cycling. I can have 10 mood swings or more in one day. Horrible. That is not happening since I went into hospital.

same here. i can cycle that fast too