I Need Some Advice ASAP

W

writingflee

!!TRIGGER WARNING!!
I’m going to try and make this as short and sweet as I can.

I’m in my late teens, I’ve been in therapy since I was 8. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and ptsd from a young age. I’ve seen many different therapist, psychiatrist, been on many different medications, done intensive outpatient multiple times along with inpatient. I have worked incredibly hard on my mental health and ways to cope with life and all. No matter what I try, each year my mental health gets increasingly worst. I can count on one hand the times I’ve ever felt true happiness in my life. I am so beyond depressed and hopeless all the time and I’m so tired. I’m frustrated because I feel nothing is working. I’ve lived with suicidal thoughts my whole life but they’ve been very passive. Lately they’re turning active and I’m scared that I’m not going to make it much longer. I don’t want to go to a hospital again because I’ve already tried that, multiple times, and it did nothing. I don’t know what to do anymore and I’m desperately searching for answers. If anyone has any suggestions please help me, I’m begging.

W

Wildfire

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through. But it is good that you know and recognise that what is happening and that you haven't given up! Stopping fighting is not an option, no matter how hopeless things feel.

As someone who has struggled with negative thoughts and depression since my teens I can only give you my experiences. At times thing feel hopeless and that you will never make it out. Especially in times of personal crisis and you feel alone.

But you never know what is a around the corner, who you will meet and what you will go on to experience and do.

What do you enjoy doing? Pick one thing and nuts to everything else, just go out and do it. Even for an hour. Exercise is a great one, find the right one for you. Do you have any hobbies? If not, teens is a great time to try new stuff. It will give you something to concentrate on and not dwell on your thoughts.

I've only been really close to suicide once, I managed to switch the car off before it was too late and instead of having a life changing experience I just felt even worse. But I picked myself up and carried on. In the years since then I have had bad times, but I have managed to make new friends, change jobs a few times, learn to dance and become involved in theatre and become sort of physically fit. I've also done a lot of things. Has it been easy? No, much of it was hard work, but each experience gave me something inside that made me just that little bit curious about what was next.

Please don't loose that. Do one new thing and get that curiosity back. I'm a fair bit away from a teen now (although I like to think I'm not) and still take each day as it comes.