• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I need help.

J

JeanPierre

My first thread.
I'm not looking for attention or flattery.
I need to know if I am a help here, at all.

I spend a lot of time here imagining I am 'helping' others;
in order to help myself, I'm sure.
But this has been called into question.

Just honesty would be appreciated. Really just be honest.

C

CabbageMama

Your first thread and you have 1256 messages posted? I think that shows pretty clearly how much you have been helping others! 🙂 I find it helps me sometimes to try and support people on here. Does that make my support any less valuable? For me, you are a kind and reassuring presence on the Forum, I think you give good advice and make people feel better. And I am scrupulously honest. X

J

JeanPierre

Your first thread and you have 1256 messages posted? I think that shows pretty clearly how much you have been helping others! 🙂 I find it helps me sometimes to try and support people on here. Does that make my support any less valuable? For me, you are a kind and reassuring presence on the Forum, I think you give good advice and make people feel better. And I am scrupulously honest. X
Thank you for saying that. I'm extremely shy so it is hard for me to ask.
Took me years to even join this forum.

C

CabbageMama

Whereas I think I probably jumped in the puddle of it with my welly boots on! i think you are awesome, JP. Keep doing what you are doing. Although maybe ask for a little support when you need it too? You do a good job being one, but remind yourself you are not actually a Superhero and being human, wanting kindness, reassurance and understanding for yourself is important too. X

J

JeanPierre

Whereas I think I probably jumped in the puddle of it with my welly boots on! i think you are awesome, JP. Keep doing what you are doing. Although maybe ask for a little support when you need it too? You do a good job being one, but remind yourself you are not actually a Superhero and being human, wanting kindness, reassurance and understanding for yourself is important too. X
Thank you again, I don't think of myself as a superhero at all.
I'm trying to learn to ask for those things. I sure need them. I've lived mostly without them my whole life by firmly rejecting any suggestion of that. Crazy, I know.

C

CabbageMama

A little bit crazy...😉 but seems you are in the right place to be a bit crazy here!🤪
You should post more. Lovely that you have helped others so much, but I think it is time for people to give a little back. Nothing to be embarrassed about - we are all anonymous. Heavens, a lot of us live in different countries! Take the weight of a bit, JP. If it makes you feel a little easier, you won’t have to actually ask for those things by posting. They will be given by people who can probably empathise so give helpful advice or ‘boots in puddles‘ people like me, who want to make you feel good and find some way forward or resolution. Seems a broad spectrum of support, so give it a go when you feel ready. My genuine advice at this point - avoid the Debate section at all costs, it will not help you feel good about yourself! 😂

J

JeanPierre

A little bit crazy...😉 but seems you are in the right place to be a bit crazy here!🤪
You should post more. Lovely that you have helped others so much, but I think it is time for people to give a little back. Nothing to be embarrassed about - we are all anonymous. Heavens, a lot of us live in different countries! Take the weight of a bit, JP. If it makes you feel a little easier, you won’t have to actually ask for those things by posting. They will be given by people who can probably empathise so give helpful advice or ‘boots in puddles‘ people like me, who want to make you feel good and find some way forward or resolution. Seems a broad spectrum of support, so give it a go when you feel ready. My genuine advice at this point - avoid the Debate section at all costs, it will not help you feel good about yourself! 😂
You are hilarious!

C

CabbageMama

If you have posted there (I did by accident) you would know! Just don’t do it!!! 😂

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi JP. You are a big presence on this forum, and you offer very helpful advice. I often look at well-known members to see how many messages they have posted, and you have posted so many in such a short period of time--and I am jealous! Keep up the good work.

J

JeanPierre

Hi JP. You are a big presence on this forum, and you offer very helpful advice. I often look at well-known members to see how many messages they have posted, and you have posted so many in such a short period of time--and I am jealous! Keep up the good work.
You are so vey kind to take time to say that. Thank you.
I feel shaken, unsettled and so unsure. I guess I am meeting some things never resolved or even acknowledged. I've hid from myself a long time. X