• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

i need help!

I

ilovekyloren

Hello there!
I am 19 years old and I recently have been diagnosed with OCD and I have anxiety since I was a kid. And one thing that has been bothering me a lot are my intrusive thoughts and obsessive behaviors, like reassurance seeking. What has triggered this was my best friend, and I need help.
They tweeted about their other friends, dont tweet about me ever, and say they love me more than anyone else. But I just cant stop thinking about the tweets and I told them it hurts me and they keep saying I dont have to bother about it. What are your thoughts about this? Are they lying to me or a tweet doesn't matter? i cant seem to eat properly or even think because of this. Note: I dont have twitter.

M

Murasakibee

Hello there!
I am 19 years old and I recently have been diagnosed with OCD and I have anxiety since I was a kid. And one thing that has been bothering me a lot are my intrusive thoughts and obsessive behaviors, like reassurance seeking. What has triggered this was my best friend, and I need help.
They tweeted about their other friends, dont tweet about me ever, and say they love me more than anyone else. But I just cant stop thinking about the tweets and I told them it hurts me and they keep saying I dont have to bother about it. What are your thoughts about this? Are they lying to me or a tweet doesn't matter? i cant seem to eat properly or even think because of this. Note: I dont have twitter.
I have intrusive thoughts as well like this, and the best way I handle it is distracting myself from the situation. I do this by writing or doing art. It doesn't work for me at first, and when I have intrusive thoughts it makes me so anxious I can't eat or drink and itshard to focus on the project I'm doing. But I do it anyway until my mind is no longer focusing on it. Sometimes I cook or clean instead but I try to be careful with that because I can become obsessive with those.
With things like that I have to distract myself with a project or something whenever my mind starts to obsess over it

This is what I do I'm not sure if it'll work for you but you could try if you want. I'm sorry if my advice isn't the best, I've only recently started working on coping mechanisms for my OCD

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I think I'd be upset as well, however if they have told you they love you. They obviously care.
If you are good friends, I'd let it go.
Spending time with each other is very important.
We care here, hope you make friends here to.
Hugs