• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need help

7eilc

Hi,I’m new here
I’m writing on this forum because I don’t know what’s happening to me right now and wanted some advice.So to explain,10 days ago i lived one of the most terrifying things.
My vision was blur,my hears muffled and my heart was feeling like it was “falling”.I couldn’t breath normally and i was shaking like crazy.

I was feeling like i was gonna die.And all of this happened all of sudden,i was so afraid.And I still am.Since this day I have moments were my heart beats fast,can’t breath and I’m feeling cold, everyday but it’s not as severe than what I had 10 days.

I remember that I already had this before,when I was about 13 but nothing after happened.

I tried to call my doctor to have information about what I had,but my doctor is not very kind and patient with me,she never was.She just told me to call back if it’s happening again.

So now I’m trying to find out what i have,i come so maybe some people here can help me figure this out.I thought about a lot of things,maybe it’s anxiety or maybe others things like an attack,seriously i have no idea but it’s a living hell right now for me so pls help me.
Thank you for reading

N

Nukelavee

IT sounds like some sort of anxiety attack.

Try to calm your self down by sitting, and just breathing slowly in and out, and try not to think of anything. Eventually, your heart rate will begin to drop, which will help calm your mind. As your mind calms down, so will your heartbeat. This will help you feel better.

Basically, you need to try to distract yourself from how you feel.

7eilc

IT sounds like some sort of anxiety attack.

Try to calm your self down by sitting, and just breathing slowly in and out, and try not to think of anything. Eventually, your heart rate will begin to drop, which will help calm your mind. As your mind calms down, so will your heartbeat. This will help you feel better.

Basically, you need to try to distract yourself from how you feel.
It sounds like an anxiety attack?Weirdly these days I’m not even really stress or anxious..,thank you for your reply and advice it helps a lot cause im really new in all of this I never truly have problems with these issue before

N

Nukelavee

Anxiety is weird that way - it can just pop up. If this is your first experience with it, learning to shut down an attack via distraction or relaxation methods can do a lot to minimize them in the future.

Anxiety can also be connected to frustration, which this lockdown stuff is great at creating.

Has isolation been making you more frustrated lately?

K

Kmw

ACCOUNT CLOSED
These panic/anxiety attacks are awful. I have that feeling when I have to go to the supermarket or even leaving my home. It’s awful. Someone suggested doing this if you’re at home - look at five nice things, feel four different textures, listen to three things, smell two things and taste one thing. It kind of grounds you along with deep breathing. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes it doesn’t.