I need help

V

Vala

Hello friends,

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder before 10 years and until now i had 4 crisis... Except other problems that comes with my diagnose i have one big problem that i need to know if anyone else have the same..

i'm happily married and i have three kids but during the crisis i talk all the time for one Dr. (urologist) that i met when i was in crises and i'm ready to leave my husband and to go to the Dr. in another state...

reality is that i never had any conversation with the doctor.. I just have visit for medical issues and when my mother was sick but this was 6 years before.

before 2 months i had crises episode and i constatly talked for this dr. Why... What is happening???

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

Robert Lowell, the poet, was happily married to Elizabeth Hardwick. Every time he was manic, he would talk of divorcing his wife, whom he dearly loved, and running off with an Italian student he once knew. This happened every time he was manic, and once the mania had ended, he felt terrible that he had put his wife through that yet again.

V

Vala

Thank you for your reply... But i never loved doctor.. I don't either know him i just was on a visit once on 2013... This is what worries me. Why he becomes my obsession?

M

missme

Hello friends,

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder before 10 years and until now i had 4 crisis... Except other problems that comes with my diagnose i have one big problem that i need to know if anyone else have the same..

i'm happily married and i have three kids but during the crisis i talk all the time for one Dr. (urologist) that i met when i was in crises and i'm ready to leave my husband and to go to the Dr. in another state...

reality is that i never had any conversation with the doctor.. I just have visit for medical issues and when my mother was sick but this was 6 years before.

before 2 months i had crises episode and i constatly talked for this dr. Why... What is happening???
It is normal when in an episode to make rash decisions and not necessarily based on reason. I would not act on such a thought. Promiscuity can be one symptom of a manic phase

G

Garlun93

hi, this sounds really similar to a situation I’m going through with my partner currently. He had a relapse 3 weeks ago and ended up in hospital psychotic and manic. Since being in hospital he’s broken up with me several times - one of the reasons being that he’s ‘in love with sophie’ - a girl he had a failed one night stand with 10 years ago and also a voice in his head. When he left hospital he refused to come home and has gone to stay with a friend. He’s obsessed with Sophie even though he doesn’t even really know who she is anymore. It must just be a common occurrence when people are manic (I’ve been told the feeling of mania is similar to the feeling of being in love, so this coinciding with a hallucination/delusion of someone must make you think you’re in love with them). It’s comforting to know this is something you do and that you come out of it and realise you don’t have feelings for the person... that’s what I’m hoping and waiting for with my partner x

N

Nina998

I am also married and a mother of three. When I am manic, I have a female lover and often have a male online lover. And I flirt with everybody and make out with strangers. During that state I think rules don't apply to me. I can do whatever I want.

G

Garlun93

I am also married and a mother of three. When I am manic, I have a female lover and often have a male online lover. And I flirt with everybody and make out with strangers. During that state I think rules don't apply to me. I can do whatever I want.
Hiya

Just interested due to my situation - when you do these things do you have a ‘sudden realisation’ and then return to your family? Or is it more gradual? How long roughly does it go on for? And what’s the best thing your partner could do during that time for you? Should they contact you or stay away?

Sorry for all the questions! Just trying to get as much info so I can figure out what to do

C

CaptiveLooper

Oh Vala.
Don't be scared.
It's ok to talk.
Its ok when people grow apart.
Please don't forget that you are connected to all and all is connected to you.
Talk to the Dr all you want and don't stop talking until you find your answers. And, remember this... THEY WILL COME. You WILL be okay and THIS WILL be your past at some point. I send you love.