• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need help

O

Obessionfromwithin

I am suicidal, I am current under the care of the crisis team however I have hit a wall where I can no longer accept the help I desperately need. If I don't get the help I will be dead in the next month but after 3 weeks of care I am only getting worse and not improving and all I keep being told is it hard and long but I've been through this before so I know it gets better but I have never been this bad before and I can see it ever getting better death seems like the only answer.
I try everything they have given me but I doesn't work and when told this they just tell me to keep trying I've been trying for 3 weeks it is like they don't feel I am trying :mad: and to just try when in am not in so much distress how can this happen when I feel like this constantly and it is getting worse.
Some now have taking to emotional blackmail ect
The final straw came Thursday after meeting an horrific woman who made feel 10x worse than when I arrived

I am now refusing to see anyone because of this. I know I need there help as they are the only help available and It took everything I had to ask for it in the first place but I everytime they phone I just say I don't want to see them anymore as it a waste of there time as they clearly don't feel that they can help with clearly annoys everyone I speak to and I have now been told I have til Tuesday to decide if I want to discharge myself from them or not.

How I manage to survive through the day I don't know.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think (basing on your description) I'm from the same county as you.

Deep down what do you want to happen?

Have you got a SW or a CPN at all that you could talk to or is this all a bit new for you?

Marliee x

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

...you are very confused!

you leap from wanting help !!.. from wishing that you did not need it!

there is nothing wrong with needing help...

you can assemble every possible ability to perform an ability to prove to yourself that?...after all is said and done?...

....that you need help...to take the responsibility away from yourself...!

and to give yourself a chance to really live....

to allow those with the skills and love!

I am an aged carer... I am also an 'anybody carer'

O

Obessionfromwithin

I don't know what it is I want I think that's the biggest issues... I just need to stop feeling like this. Or at least not get any worse.
I am new to all of this stuff as before I have just been let down by all the services and this time is the only time the seem to be willing to try and help.

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

...I like to think that life has an exciting gift to give to those of us that have an in-ability to stop trying to make some kind of sense of the in-sensible!...

...there is a wonderful emotional accident...

it's the simplest personal agreement that has ever been agreed upon!..

I wish you the best delirious lovable kindness...

love..

DM xo

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know you are trying to do what they ask for you but people who aren't going through stuff find it hard to imagine someone not being able to do stuff.

Maybe when they ring you tomorrow ask whether they can keep on ringing you instead of seeing you and see whether that works better for you.

You have them supporting you, the last thing you need is for them to think you don't want the help.

Have you got any appointments coming up with anyone else in the services?

x

O

Obessionfromwithin

No I don't have any appointments as they were always made during visits and I refused to make an appointment during the last one.

O

Obessionfromwithin

My gps are terrible before they could just send away with anti-depressants but I have tried all that they are able to prescribe but even before this whenever I had mental health issues they would responded with "we will send a letter to the mental health team wait for them to responded" so I didn't even bother them with this issues this time

P

Polar Bear

If you want their help you have to take the good with the bad. Some will help you and some will hurt you. Many walk away from them completely and seek private counselling or just nurse themselves back to health.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I am one of those people Polar Bear talked about.

Any progress i've made has been my own doing, i've got very little to thank my local mental health team for. The crisis team have repeatedly made me feel worse and like a piece of shit on their shoe.

I currently have private counselling. If you e-mail local counsellors in your area, you'll find that some do have slots available for people on a low income/benefits.
I pay £20 for a session, which is do-able for me.
I find that I always talk for the full hour and could probably go on longer.
When I visit my care co-ordinator, we struggle to talk for even 5 minutes and i'm often on my way home after quarter of an hour.
It goes to show that sometimes you need to seek help in other places.

I'm very sorry to hear that you are low and feel you might be at risk of ending your own life.
Do you feel there are other things you might want to try?
Obviously I don't want to pry into your financial situation, but things do cost money.
However, sometimes it's worth spending a bit on something that actually helps you rather than putting yourself in a position that only makes you feel worse.