• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I need help with my cat

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
What does your dad say about your worries? Have you told him?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
When I was going through psychosis back in February 2016 one of my cats acted like she didn't know me and even attacked me a little, usually I was her favourite person and she'd sit on my lap and give me lots of loving.

But I never thought that the problem was the cat, I always thought the problem was with me, I wasn't myself and being a highly empathic creature she must have picked up on that.

Once I'd been in hospital for 9 days and returned home she was back to her old self with me because I think I was back to my old self.

How are you feeling Chemstyle? Do you take meds?

C

Chemstyle

I just don’t think he will understand. I know what people are like and they never understand when you talk about things like this

C

Chemstyle

When I was going through psychosis back in February 2016 one of my cats acted like she didn't know me and even attacked me a little, usually I was her favourite person and she'd sit on my lap and give me lots of loving.

But I never thought that the problem was the cat, I always thought the problem was with me, I wasn't myself and being a highly empathic creature she must have picked up on that.

Once I'd been in hospital for 9 days and returned home she was back to her old self with me because I think I was back to my old self.

How are you feeling Chemstyle? Do you take meds?
I’m doing alright thanks, I am prescribed meds but I’m not taking them at the moment for certain reasons

C

Chemstyle

maybe you need to be back on the meds? :hug:
I need to think about it. I’m still cautious about the reason why I’m on medication so I don’t want to take them. I will try and force myself to take them though

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Schizophrenia and psychosis can play some seriously nasty tricks on the mind. I could give an extreme example but I'm too ashamed of the experience to mention it in public. With your permission I can PM and tell you about it.

I feel it's safe to say your cat is fine and is no more evil than it usually is and no parasites have infected its brain.

Please reconsider taking your medication as I know all too well how susceptible our minds are to intrusive thoughts when we don't take them as prescribed.

If you let him your dad will be your anchor and you can trust him, if I'd have had that insight during my psychosis I may have avoided that 9 day stay in hospital but instead I acted on intrusive thoughts and listened to a voice in my head that did not have my best interests at heart.

C

Chemstyle

Schizophrenia and psychosis can play some seriously nasty tricks on the mind. I could give an extreme example but I'm too ashamed of the experience to mention it in public. With your permission I can PM and tell you about it.

I feel it's safe to say your cat is fine and is no more evil than it usually is and no parasites have infected its brain.

Please reconsider taking your medication as I know all too well how susceptible our minds are to intrusive thoughts when we don't take them as prescribed.

If you let him your dad will be your anchor and you can trust him, if I'd have had that insight during my psychosis I may have avoided that 9 day stay in hospital but instead I acted on intrusive thoughts and listened to a voice in my head that did not have my best interests at heart.
I know something is wrong because I can see it and I have seen inside her brain and I could see all the parasites wriggling around her brain. She is sick and I need to stop her sickness.

But yes you can PM me, I think we’ve spoken before on different threads on the forum and it’s always been nice speaking to you :)

L

Lab rat

Cats are the guardians of the nether worlds. That’s why I choose to have so many, they make me feel safe.

lavenderfire

lavenderfire

Ahhhh no one understands! THE PARASITES ARE MAKING HER EVIL, if you had a cat that was infested with parasites that were making it evil, you would be angry and afraid to be around it!! Nobody listens to what I’m actually saying! I want to help her because I know it isn’t the cat that is evil, it’s the parasites that have infected her brain and made her evil!
I totally get that.

Tell your dad, and then tell him you need to speak to a doctor about it. Because, although it is happening, it is also not reality. Its happening, but it is not real. I know because such stuff happened to me for years. The only way you can get rid of your cats parasites, is to realise that its actually not reality. You need a doctor and then a therapist or a psych dr to help you fix this. I know, because that's what I did.

Did I explain this ok for you?

L

lifecangetbetter

Taking a break
Ahhhh no one understands! THE PARASITES ARE MAKING HER EVIL, if you had a cat that was infested with parasites that were making it evil, you would be angry and afraid to be around it!! Nobody listens to what I’m actually saying! I want to help her because I know it isn’t the cat that is evil, it’s the parasites that have infected her brain and made her evil!
you are angry in this post right here because you don't see a solution. the people on this forum are trying to tell you to get your cat checked cause it will resolve your problem