• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I need help with life!!!

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

My other thread wasn’t getting any responses so I thought I’d post here….

I work at a pet store and I absolutely love the job. It’s the coworkers who have caused me emotional turmoil. I’ve been openly attacked by one, I’m obsessed with another and just found out he’s dating a third coworker whom I’m jealous of because she has all the attention.

I’ve been through hell this year so far. In January my grandfather died, in February I had major surgery to remove cancer from my body and now, now I’m on the verge of a mental breakdown over the two coworkers dating. On top of that COVID sucks so hard and I just want normalcy again…..

I need help.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

I called a hotline…..that hotline…..I’m not any better.

albagobragh

albagobragh

Hi @KaoticKiss. I've read your other thread and this one. It sounds like you are infatuated with your colleague and it must be difficult working in the same environment as him. It sounds like you've had a very tough time of it with your grandfather passing on and cancer and of course the Covid situation makes it difficult to lead a normal life. It doesn't sound like your colleague is obtainable so, as difficult as it sounds just now, you have to move on. I've been in a similar position and it just takes time and a refocus. I kept myself occupied and made sure I went out with friends. Chances are that you will meet someone who is appropriate for you.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

Thanks. It helps that you cared enough to post some kind words…life sucks.

albagobragh

albagobragh

No problem, I hope you are feeling better about things soon.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

I don’t want to be embittered about dating but I feel myself falling into old habits and wanting to blame men for not giving me a chance. Meh….loneliness is a very painful thing.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

How can I move on if not a single guy my age will give me the time of day? All I get are creeps who just want to use me…..not one normal guy….it’s impossible.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

Part of me wants to give in and just let creeps use me as that’s seemingly the only way I’ll ever get any male attention…..

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

Why do I even let myself get any hope up for romance……it’s stupid.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

I should take something to help me sleep, but I don’t trust myself to not take excessive amounts….it’s annoying….so annoying. So many thoughts. My brain won’t shut down. It’s like manic but in depressive mode. I hate it,