• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need help for my sister

B

Baldanc

My sister hasnt had a shower for a month now or more. She has daily obsessive rituals and zero social life. I feel like she lives in her own world. A world caused by mental abuse from my family. I don't even know how to convince her to just have a shower. She doesn't open up and just avoids reality. Has anyone dealt with that?

Z

Zoe1

hi Baldanc :welcome: !

yes I have. I recommend you dont specify things like having a shower
and concentrate on appreciating her
tell her how special she is to have as a sister
what her talents are and how glad you are to see her
and build on that to boost her self worth

I hope you find it helpful here

:grouphug:💜🐢

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Has she seen her doctor?

B

Baldanc

She sees no problem and won't go willingly..we can't even address them because she gets extremely violent.

M

Mistral

Help her with things she wants help with. She might want you to get something from the shops, hoover the house for her, or just to sit with her and watch TV. People with depression are very demanding and you have to accept that. They need time and often money spent on them before they start to get better.

Unless you live with your sister, I would not make her personal hygiene an issue by discussing it in any way. Help her to eat well, get some exercise or just get out a little. Again helping her doing these is not done by trying to convince her that she should do them. You have to help her in practical ways to do these things.

A

Am33

You can do positive affirmations for woman ( whole bunch ) out loud around her to change the energy , vibe around her .Takes time but they will sink into her mind give it a try .

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

Yes. Escapism is very common for people with mental illness. Especially if life is treating you very very badly. But she also has to make the choice to change. You'll need to talk to a professional for the rest.