I need assistance

K

kt_bee311

I’ve been going through ocd for a while now. One thing I’ve noticed it has affected my relationship with my boyfriend a lot. Like I will have bad thoughts about wanting to break up with him, and end thing, but those thoughts would upset me. I don’t want to breakup with my boyfriend at all, so what’s with the thoughts. I’m wondering if it’s a symptom of my ocd/rocd. I find the thoughts very troubling an upsetting and would just like some closure. If anyone can help, thanks 😊

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Do you think your trying to test him to see what he would say if you mentioned breaking up. If you have a good relationship it does seem silly to risk it all

O

OCDguy

Do you find yourself feeling uncomfortable before these thoughts start creeping in. Could they be a reaction to a trigger?

O

OCDguy

I can relate to what you originally posted. When I look back, I was feeling highly uncomfortable and anxious with myself. The thoughts in my case were definitely a reaction to the way I was feeling inside at the time. It may be that it brings about negative physical symptoms in others, everybody's body is different, and generally I am guessing there needs to be some sort of outlet for this state of mind, but this is just pure speculation on my part.

K

kt_bee311

I can relate to what you originally posted. When I look back, I was feeling highly uncomfortable and anxious with myself. The thoughts in my case were definitely a reaction to the way I was feeling inside at the time. It may be that it brings about negative physical symptoms in others, everybody's body is different, and generally I am guessing there needs to be some sort of outlet for this state of mind, but this is just pure speculation on my part.
I’m confused, what does that mean?

O

OCDguy

Sorry I was referring to irrational thoughts that don't resemble what you actually think/believe...