• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need advice so badly

D

DC12345

I am suffering from depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts, the home treatment team prescribedanti ddepresseants, which I take, and diazepam and zopiclone when required however they also prescribed 2 anti psychotic pills to be taken at night when I take them I become zombified, fall asleep and black out for several hours waking up in a panicked sweat, my parents are eager for me to take them, what happens if I refuse to take what the home treatment team has given me, will I be sectioned, is there room for debate?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I don't think you would necessarily be sectioned, unless you were deemed to be a risk to your own safety or other people's safety.
Even if that were the case, there would be room for debate and the procedure of being sectioned means that more than one doctor has to agree that it's necessary. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Anti-psychotics do make you feel very sedated and that in itself can cause a bit of panic. I know i've got myself into quite a state because of how strange the anti-psychotics made me feel.

You should tell the home treatment team that you don't want to take them because they make you feel worse. I understand your worries, but if you have a conversation with them about it, i'm sure something else can be worked out.

Also, just want to say I hope you feel better soon. :hug1: