• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I need a new place fast

R

Rob27

hey everyone

I split up with my girlfriend a month ago and since then she's been verbally abusive and refusing to pay her half of the bills.

She knows what triggers me and deliberately upsets me. All I want her to pay her half of the bills because I cant afford them all on my own.

I'm not completely innocent my self and I have lost my temper and called her some horrible things but I really try not to.

she originally said she would move out but I've decided to move out as she hasn't even been looking for a new place.

I'm not sure what I can do, I've never wanted to play on being ill but dose anyone know if there's away of getting a place quickly. I just want to get out of this situation.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If I was you I would go to your local CAB about the bills and housing and see what advice they can give you.

x

U

UMPALUMPA

The quickest way is to declare your self homeless at the local council Housing Office, sadly their is no quick way to get housing even with mental health issues.

The Council will put you in a temporary hostil, they are not great but reasonably clean.

Once your in the Hostile your Housing need score points increase and you become one of many at the top priority for Housing.

Ps, I was homeless and also ended up working for the very Hostile I stayed in so :rolleyes: this is how it works unless you have money for Private Housing and can afford it.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
J

Jamie29

Also if you do find a place you can ask your council or local authority for a discretionary housing payment which can be used as a deposit if your new place requires one.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
you can be intentionally homeless if you've got a place and go to the council and say your homeless

katya

katya

Do you rent? Could you tell your landlord what's going on? They might be able to offer your some alternative accommodation. Hope it gets sorted for you soon.

:hug1:

R

Rob27

Thank you all for your advice I'm speaking to the council later on today and ill let you know how it gose :)

R

Rob27

I everyone I spoke to the council earlier and I have a meeting with a housing officer in a couple of week so hopefully it will get sorted soon thank you for your support