• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I miss my voices...

S

Summerly

I had a psychotic episode in 2019 and one in 2020. The one in 2019 was scary because I didn’t know what was going on. But the 2020 was a lot better.
The voices were nicer and when I had bad voices, it didn’t last more than 24 hours because the nice ones would always chase away the bad ones for me. The only issue is that I couldn’t cope with the voices talking to me the whole day or waking me up during the night. I do miss them though. I’m on meds at the moment and sometimes I will lie down and try to listen to see if I can hear voices again. I miss their advice and their companionship, but I know I would become crazy if I had to listen to them everyday all day. Wanted to see if any of you felt the same way...

Argon

Argon

I've read that some people don't mind the voices. I guess if they were saying nice things it wound't be bad.

S

Summerly

They weren’t that nice at the beginning. But I told them I loved them everyday and they started to tell me that they loved me too everyday and that I was beautiful and smart (everyday). Who wouldn’t miss that? I don’t miss the delusions though, but that’s only five or six hours a day. I have five or six other hours where they only tell me nice things...

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
but I know I would become crazy if I had to listen to them everyday all day.
I have to listen to my voice (singular) everyday all day but I don't think I've gone crazy (yet).

I'd like the chance to see if I'd miss him if he went silent for a while (probably wouldn't miss him lol), I haven't had any peace for well over four years now, five years in September.

But I manage to ignore him completely, he talks to me and tries to get my attention all the time but I haven't spoken a word to him for a very long time.

John Lamb

John Lamb

I miss their advice and their companionship
I have mainly a quiet inner peace these days. It hasn’t always been the case and just over three years ago I found out my voice was spiritual and started giving me advice.

I’m not immune to the occasional demonic attack which occur when I’m stressed or when I have a lapse in thinking of past negative events.

But the more I walk in the spirit though the better life is, I even get positive messages from lyrics in upbeat music I have on the radio. A good example just happened a moment ago. As I was thinking about making this post and in particular thinking of saying ‘walk in the spirit’ a lyric said ‘stay close to me’. I have experienced hundreds of these to know it isn’t coincidental or delusional.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Will you miss the voices if they were gone completely? Hearing Voices Forum 23
Q Anyone voices ever went away permanently? Hearing Voices Forum 18
jojoe The voices are real!! Hearing Voices Forum 6
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING: discusses physical, sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse*** Is it possible that i hear voices because of traumatic experiences? Hearing Voices Forum 8
M Meth induced voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
hORIzonFINK210 (Was blog15) Recovery is so crucial to cope/voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
R Voices Have Me Concerned Hearing Voices Forum 4
B Hearing creepy voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
L My Voices *trigger, briefly mentions SH* Hearing Voices Forum 10
nenexx Fear of HEARING voices Hearing Voices Forum 34
W Voices have gone too Chronic and Berserk Hearing Voices Forum 7
Bod Voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
telepathic_one Can you manipulate the voices? Hearing Voices Forum 12
I Voices are now mad at me Hearing Voices Forum 16
D WOMANS voices Hearing Voices Forum 12
I Audible voices, intrusive thoughts ruining my life Hearing Voices Forum 12
D Negative voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
mischief Engaging with Voices Videos Hearing Voices Forum 4
T E_90 Does this mean hearing voices? I would just like clarification Hearing Voices Forum 5
R Poor services for Hearing Voices Hearing Voices Forum 4
doomsayers Voices telling me to do bad stuff *Trigger Warning* Hearing Voices Forum 180
Emikin HELP ME PLS VOICES BACK AGAIN Hearing Voices Forum 25
Z Methodology of 'VOICES Hearing Voices Forum 6
Takingmybrain Funny voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
doomsayers Loud voices Hearing Voices Forum 13
telepathic_one Weekend Voices Hearing Voices Forum 5
Hello513 Do your voices have strange tendencies. Hearing Voices Forum 1
E Does the voices you hear always say the same thing to you or does it change depending on how you are? Hearing Voices Forum 6
E Anyone fluent in multiple languages? Which language is your voices in? Hearing Voices Forum 3
NWiddi When to tell a potential love interest you hear voices? Hearing Voices Forum 22
A I have been hearing voices since 9 years Hearing Voices Forum 6
S Voices and reality Hearing Voices Forum 6
P The voices are gone Hearing Voices Forum 11
O Hearing Voices Hearing Voices Forum 23
M Often Following Rules Voices Evoke Is ... Frankly... Childish Hearing Voices Forum 2
TimelessVortex7 Please tell me what the voices say to you. I am curious. Is it friendly or nasty? Hearing Voices Forum 47
A Hearing ringing or hearing humain voices? Hearing Voices Forum 8
M The Voices I Preceive Are Of The Spectrum Hearing Voices Forum 1
T Eye rolling and voices Hearing Voices Forum 15
BrianHorlicks Removing voices you don't want or need. Hearing Voices Forum 3
Daybreak What are the triggers for your voices? Hearing Voices Forum 3
GTP Should We Treat the Voices With Kindness and Respect When They Offer None? Hearing Voices Forum 20
GTP Are the Voices Part of Ourselves or Not ? Hearing Voices Forum 31
LORD BURT Is hearing voices really an illness? Hearing Voices Forum 12
C Voices said this is my last day without torture Hearing Voices Forum 7
V Hearing voices Hearing Voices Forum 4
S AN INDICATION OF HOW MY VOICES GIVE THEMSELVES AWAY Hearing Voices Forum 1
W The Voices are able to trigger Emotions and Urges -- Hearing Voices Forum 1
H Update - Voices, Sertraline and Risperidone Hearing Voices Forum 4
W Voices and The Movies -- Hearing Voices Forum 1