• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I may have ROCD but I'm not sure

F

francineem

Hi. I'm eighteen years old and I've been with my wonderful boyfriend for almost six months. He's amazing, and he's been so good to me despite me being a very anxious and paranoid person, and I have also recently confessed to him that I've had suicidal thoughts last year. He understood all of this and he's been really affectionate and an amazing boyfriend overall. Anyways, my paranoid mind can't stop creating problems for me.

For the past month I've had intrusive thoughts like "what if he's not good enough for me" or "what if I'm not attracted enough to him". I constantly feel the need to reassure myself that I still feel the same way as before, and I often check my feelings even during our intimate moments. If the feeling is not the one that I expect, I am overwhelmed by anxious feelings. I even thought of breaking up with him, but I can't imagine my life without this person and the sole thought of making him feel sad about this absolutely devastates me.
I've searched on the internet for people with similar problems and I read about ROCD. I would really like someone to express their opinion or share similar experiences, because I really wish to at least take a step further to feeling as I did during the past months. Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate every answer.

Memememememememe

Memememememememe

I've never heard of it but I searched for it and it does sound like you but only a professional can give an official diagnosis. It also sounds like me but because I'm paranoid with everything and not just in relationships I've been diagnosed that I'm paranoid. Hope you get an answer.

F

francineem

I've never heard of it but I searched for it and it does sound like you but only a professional can give an official diagnosis. It also sounds like me but because I'm paranoid with everything and not just in relationships I've been diagnosed that I'm paranoid. Hope you get an answer.
Thank you so much. I hope you get better too ❤