• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

i live in music

LoneKnight

LoneKnight

i have a hard time talking to people again with this -__- but its true i try to talk to them i mean i see them all happy and exited and since i'm more of a calm and layed back guy they think something wrong with me so that's one reason the other is my face is a bit serious i'm like "this is my face what you want me to do about it?" i look at them i can tell they look so uncomfortable like they are ready to leave that hurts me so bad cause i can never really a conversation with people that's really my problem nothing that big just it hurts me that i cant connect with someone everyday is a challenge and sometimes is hard sometimes it's not today is one of though's days when its really bad so im just writing it and see if anyone else have this problem like really i feel like im the only one like im the type of person who doesn't mine being quite a whole day with someone you care for and it wont bother me but it will for them since i grew up and isolated for a while it takes me time to connect but im not crazy im just really quite as well.

MagicJay

MagicJay

Your not alone I have a hard time talking to people too I specially hate small talk never know what to say just sit there silent every so often nod or say yeah like I'm interested but really in my own mind thinking about something else, my actual friend and family are used to it but try to make conversation with me anyway my parents specially, my mum has sat there talking for 40 minutes straight before and I've not said one word to her but she acts and carries on the conversation like I'm responding to her. For me it doesn't bother me I actually enjoy it, its who am what annoys me is when someone tries to carry on talking to me when they can see I'm not interested I don't want to have be rude and say something.

I do have aspergers though so this could be part of why I am the way I am.

Hope you feel better :)