• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I like someone at work

gt86

gt86

These days all I am able to do at 34 is work and clean up with my parents around the house. Maybe I can get out for fun but not sure with covid-19.

I do really like this girl at work. I noticed her for Valentine's Day and gave her a present.
She accepted and I am really excited.

What would be the next steps? Is it a good idea? I am really anxious since my divorce and mental issues.

I was thinking I should ask for her number to call her.

I don't meet much people nowadays and it takes awhile for me to know someone and to like them.

S

sylviabanks

Yes you 100% should! Ask to see her outside of the workplace, maybe ask to go for a coffee? You can ask her casually in a conversation and see how she responds, if she seems keen then make a plan and see how it goes :)

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
What was the present if I may ask?

Personally I'd be cautious but that's just my own mindset, I wouldn't enter into a relationship with someone I couldn't easily avoid if things go badly. Which probably tells you a lot about my previous relationships lol.

Work mates would be out of the question as would people who live close to me and I may be likely to bump into them randomly about the village (it's a very small village where I live).

But then again many people do find love in the workplace, it's up to the individual to weigh up the pro's and con's.

If you do go for it I wish you all the best, I know I don't sound like it with what I've just said but I am in fact a romantic at heart.

gt86

gt86

What was the present if I may ask?

Personally I'd be cautious but that's just my own mindset, I wouldn't enter into a relationship with someone I couldn't easily avoid if things go badly. Which probably tells you a lot about my previous relationships lol.

Work mates would be out of the question as would people who live close to me and I may be likely to bump into them randomly about the village (it's a very small village where I live).

But then again many people do find love in the workplace, it's up to the individual to weigh up the pro's and con's.

If you do go for it I wish you all the best, I know I don't sound like it with what I've just said but I am in fact a romantic at heart.
Thx! It was chocolate and a card

gt86

gt86

If nothing happens I will feel like my life is over, I am doing my best to not force anything

Miho

Miho

I think asking her number is a good idea. And as for advice. I might not be the best at that since I am overly romantic.

And there is no right or wrong. So be yourself as thats already made her except your valentine gift.

P

Purpleplum

Personally I'd avoid workplace romances. The chances of relationships lasting isn't good....and then you're stuck working with them.

And don't forget the company sexual harassment rules. You might be innocently seeking her but if that's not how she sees it, well....

gt86

gt86

Thx for all the support! I went to ask for her number and she said she will not call but will speak to me later! Still some hope!

gt86

gt86

Not feeling well. I saw her a couple times here and there at work, but I don't think she's interested. Should I let go?