I knew it was going too well

diamondshine

diamondshine

So today started well. I managed to get up on the correct side of midday, finished my laundry I didn't have time to dry yesterday (I'm in uni halls so have to use the laundry downstairs) - and doing washing always takes so much energy - why??? I organised my desk and started on my coursework.

6 hours later and all I seem to have done is draw two graphs. The actual writing is proving impossible. Just can't get my brain in gear. I just want to hide and go to bed, but I know that avoidance techniques aren't good. It started so well today - where did I go wrong????

B

baby_dolly_face

Hey don't panic and be pleased and proud of yourself that things started out well and you got your laundry done (which incidentally is extremely tiring, I agree) there is always tomorrow. What I always found was the more I panicked the bigger mess I got myself in to because my mind would just go blank and then I had absolutely no chance of meeting my deadline. At least you have managed to do the graphs even if any written work evades you right now. Be kind to yourself.
xx

diamondshine

diamondshine

Yep you're so right. My mind has gone entirely blank. It's like my brain is not there. Hopefully it will come back tomoro??

I will try to be kind to myself, just don't feel as though I deserve it right now. If that makes any sense?!!!

B

baby_dolly_face

Hey
Yes I think it probably will return tomorrow but only if you can give yourself a break and be kinder to yourself tonight. You need a calm, gentle night and then hopefully your brain will be in writing mode tomorrow. You can do this.
I really do know what you mean about not feeling as if you deserve to bestow any level of kindness on yourself but thats what we do isn't it?! You need to try and either challenge that thought with logic or completely push it to the back of your mind.

DIAMONDSHINE YOU DO DESERVE TO BE KIND TO YOURSELF :clap:
XX

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hey Diamondshine

Were you trying to do too many steps at one go? This happened to me countless times, so I used to write a list starting with, "Write first sentence - relax, breathe - write second one". Then I'd tell myself to read one chapter, no more, or less if that was too much. I agree with Dolly, you managed two graphs, that is not bad. I think if you take toddler steps you will convince your brain that you are in control, not the emotions.

Softly, softly...take care. xx

diamondshine

diamondshine

Thank you. Yeah maybe I was trying to do it in too big chunks. I wanted to try to finish it today. Maybe that was unrealistic. So, I will take another step tomoro. I like the idea of convincing my brain that I am in control. Like it muchly.

I have spent the evening reading and watching tv - hope that counts as being kind to myself. Now I am off to bed. xx

diamondshine

diamondshine

Have done a bit more today. Brain is still fuzzy but have managed to answer another question. Am going to check the calculations with a friend tomoro, which only leaves one more question that still needs answering. I am still determined to hand it in with the others - but this is really showing me why I've been given the extensions to deadlines! It's a nightmare trying to get it done in one week!

Thanks for all the encouragement and hugs. It means a lot! xx

R

rain and roses

i always struggle to meet my deadlines too but i am always determined to not get the extension so i really force myself to get it done, like in 20min chunks of work and 10min breaks until its done.

it helps to keep taking short breaks to re-focus

diamondshine

diamondshine

Yes I am nearly finished. It wasn't a massive piece of work, which is why I felt so stupid not being able to get it done.

B

baby_dolly_face

You shouldn't feel stupid....even the tiniest scrap of HAVING to do something can really interfere with our mental stresses and strains and before long you have a full scale riot going on in your head! Thats where episodes come from! You should only feel proud of yourself that you have nearly completed a piece of work which this time yesterday you were wondering and stressing as to whether you were ever going to manage to get it finished. Way to go diamondshine! :D Im really pleased for you and you should feel good about yourself.
xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Bipolar Forum 10
K Bipolar Forum 2