I keep hurting myself.

M

mikedrums

I have very bad anger issues, so I self-harm things a lot. Lately it has gotten much worse too. I will look at something and hit it even with a conscious mind knowing it it going to hurt. I have messed up my knuckles and I'm not sure, but they may even need surgery but I've been too scared to get help for it because I really don't want to go through surgery if I don't need to. I also have an odd habit where if I do bad with something or if I'm very frustrated I'll self-harm my head repeatedly. Sometimes I have no control over this and do it in front of people. I have struggled my whole life with being destructive and more recently towards myself. I don't like that I do these things to myself and I really just don't know how to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Asmara Rse

Hi mikedrums,
I hope you are safe. This sounds like it will take time, understanding, and help which can come in many different forms. From physical exercise, music, or a hobby you use to enjoy.
Please be kind and patient with yourself, it’s gonna take time and self awareness.
When you know if something you feel your doing bad - if you can learn to be with it and sense where your feeling it. In your head? Maybe create blue hats for your head. Maybe sounds silly but it gets your mind learning to do something different that you can be proud of and enjoy. Maybe not blue hats 🧢 maybe you can write about it. The bad thing you feel you did and what you visualize you’d like to do instead. Like being angry and punching. Draw a red face and an open hand waving hi! Put finger nails on it! Then laugh and give yourself credit. Maybe you don’t like writing, drawing, or art. Only you know. And you do know you will find an answer if you search.
I know this can be harder said than done. Maybe you can try to consciously draw something on what you want to hit. Like a word or a picture that expresses and explains your frustration, anger, and pain. When your upset you’ve done what you do over and over, so it will take time to find a different way to cope and handle this differently. There is hope. For every problem there is a solution.
The body organ connected to anger is the liver. Live/r.
care for your liver with “bitters”. The 5 tastes: sweet, salty, bitter, sour, -? Ah I forgot the 5th -pungent/spicy. It’s helpful to balance all 5.
Bitters help the liver. You can google foods/ herbs Bitters that heal your liver.
emotions like anger heal when they’re not stuck in our cells.
I hope this is helpful.
Sincerely-
Asmara

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fairy Lucretia Self Harm Forum 4
R Self Harm Forum 2