• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I keep getting panic attacks

R

Rider52

I felt anxious throughout the day. I was able to sleep for a few hours. Now I'm awake and keep getting panic attacks. I usually can stop these, but tonight has been tough.

L

Lewis21

I felt anxious throughout the day. I was able to sleep for a few hours. Now I'm awake and keep getting panic attacks. I usually can stop these, but tonight has been tough.
I've been awake since 2am with constant anxiety/attacks . It's been going on for a month now , just wanted to let you know I feel for you and all of us . Maybe tonight will be a better night . Sending a big hug x

ginger snap

Panic Attacks can hit anytime , anywhere, and from really any sort of stimuli that increases your anxiety to a level where you end up in a panic state. In the evening a lot of times for myself it is that alone time that brings on the panic and I have to find someone I can trust to be with. In my case that isn't very difficult as I live in a group home and it is staffed with counselors 24/7. So it can be 3 -4 o'clock in the morning and I can find that trusted person to sit and have them help me calm down.

The thing is panic attacks are awful and extremely frightening and sometimes who don't have that trusted person to go to. That is when I use deep breathing and visualization to help me out of it.

I do hope that all of you are getting relief of some sort when these come on.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P My car broke down and Agorpahobia is getting worse Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
tomar getting more and more agoraphobic Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
A Been in counseling for many months, but nothing is getting better. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
C Help, I'm getting worse. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
S Just when I started getting better at dealing with panic attacks.. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
O What’s better antidepressants or beta blockers for physical symptoms of anxiety- panic disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
Fern I think i had a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 21
T Feeling "off" for days after a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
nenexx Is it possible to cure Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
O Trigger warning - symptoms that can be disturbing ..anyone experienced this during or after panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
stevie_sloth I didn't know I had panic attacks for 20 years Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
W Do I have a panic disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
J A Different Kind Of Panic Attack This Week Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
I Coming from a country where people are not educated about panic attacks is difficult (a rant) Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
S Panic Attacks and Sertraline Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 9
N Scared it's not a panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
L Intense panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 12
Livingsacrifice Panic Attacks - Driving Paralyzes Me Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M HELP! Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
H My mom is having panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
T Panic attacks but not anxiety triggered Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
S Is Aesthetic Sensitivity A Sign of a Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
L Help. Girlfriend panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
K In a constant cycle of panic... Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
MissPink Do I have this Panic Disorder? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M Panic, Anxiety, and Emetephobia Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 21
steelboss Vicious Anxiety, or Panic, or Heart. Who knows? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
N Panic attacks are back after 4 years. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Passing out from panic attacks? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
Shayfury Med change triggered panic relapse Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
L Panic attack Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
lilbat Panic attack? Or something else? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
N Panic disorder for a year now Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
A Panic disorder help! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
D What do you do when you get panic attack, please help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 41
D GAD/Panic Disorder/ ADD and ... Vertigo ? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
P Panic attacks becoming more frequent and intense. Not sure what to do. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
sparrowling Panic Attacks Rare Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
R Can panic last hours? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
J 45M-Was this Angina, extreme dehydration/heat exhaustion, indigestion/heartburn or a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
F Panic disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
H HEAT INDUCED PANIC ATTACKS - please share your experiences Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 12
hORIzonFINK210 how to jog a panic attack.> Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
I Parent with panic disorder Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
E Do I have anxiety or having a panic attack? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
D Having panic about my sexuality Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
Z Panic attacks or anxiety? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
Antimatter Panic attack! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
T i feel ashamed of taking my medication to stop my panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
M Feeling like I'm forever in panic mode Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5