• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I keep forgetting everything

siamesetwins

siamesetwins

I'm struggling to function so much recently and I suck keeping myself to task. I'll go all day without drinking or eating and then realise I've been hyper focused/distracted for hours. I've lost a stone in the last 2 months because of this and I was already kind of thin so its noticeable and people keep commenting. I don't want my ED to relapse because the weight loss and comments are kind of triggering. :( I'm always zoning out and not knowing what I was talking about and trying to talk care of myself feels like a strenuous chore. My psychiatrist won't officially diagnose me with adhd or give help because 'it takes too long' and I already have diagnosed bpd and asd. It's like they think there's a limit to all the disorders you can have, it's ridiculous. I wish I could get help or make a routine for myself but I can't even stick to that. I'm just so shit at functioning it makes me feel like a child..

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

This sounds like me! It's terrible. I have BPD, depression, anxiety, mild OCD, cPTSD, and possibly ADHD.

siamesetwins

siamesetwins

That sounds like a handful! It's a confusing nightmare, isn't it? Especially trying to get diagnosed with comorbid disorders :unsure:

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

It certainly is!

I actually DO have a lot of the inattentive type ADHD behaviours, but I just don't think I have it, mainly because I DEFINITELY did not have it as a child, adolescent or in my 20s (or 30s even).

I think for me, the forgetfulness / literally losing my train of thought mid-sentence, and also a lack of object permanence (like I'll forget about something unless I can see it) is due to me taking benzos every night for 4 years. Also being constantly distracted with high anxiety.

My impatience and irritation is also caused by anxiety, and my low boredom threshhold is caused by my depression and BPD.

Either way though, Ritalin was horrendous for me and made me feel even LESS focused and motivated, and even MORE depressed and apathetic!

siamesetwins

siamesetwins

For me I definitely showed a LOT of signs of ADHD as a child but it was never diagnosed for some reason! I know a diagnosis would have helped me so much through education. Same with autism, which I was diagnosed with but way too late. I think the ADHD symptoms are more obvious, strangely enough... but maybe I just cope better with my autistic traits now.

I've always been forgetful but I also used to take benzos, that definitely didn't help my forgetfulness and probably made it worse, now that I think of it. Thankfully off them now though.

Yes, the anxiety doesn't help either, I also think BPD makes memory just as bad, especially if you dissociate a lot - I know I do.

I haven't heard many good things about Ritalin, it's so difficult finding meds that work and then having to recover from all the terrible side effects when they don't.

SoftRain

SoftRain

I am forgetful too.
I, also, beleive its due to my xanax use over a long period of time. I lose my train of thought mid sentence.

siamesetwins

siamesetwins

Me too. I'm always asking "what was the question again?" "what was I saying?" It's so annoying :/

SoftRain

SoftRain

For the life of me I will be talking and I will forget what word to use in a sentence its embarrassing.
typing at least I can think a minute to know what word to use.
My sister finishes my sentences all the time on the phone.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I lose my train of thought mid sentence.
This is exactly me. It's like whatever I was talking about literally dissolves and no amount of prompting will bring it back. It's just...gone.