• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I just want someone to care....

L

Leeheart

I've suffered with depression my whole life. And it has had major ups and downs.
I'm currently in a situation that is so toxic but I've been in it so long I don't know how to get out. I deal with emotional manipulation, psychological and physical abuse and constant verbal abuse.
I'm just sad all the time. I just don't want to deal with life anymore. I'm just a fake smile and I pretend everything is okay but inside I'm screaming out for relief.
I hate my life so much. I keep trying to make it better but unfortunate events happen to me soon much. I've had three cars break down, I've walked to and from work, I've gotten treatment and am still in treatment for addiction. I pay my child support. I pay my student loans. I live off of 130$ a week somehow. My rent is 300$ a month. I buy my own food. I try so unbelievably hard to make things better. I know being in this relationship is just making things worse but I face homelessness if I leave. I just don't know what to do anymore. The shelters in my area are full so I can't even go there. I just want to end it Soo bad. Soo freaking bad. I just cry and self harm everyday but even that doesn't help anymore.

jajingna

jajingna

Sorry to hear about your struggles, it sounds really hard. Hope you find some support here. Welcome to the forum.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Leehart welcome to the forums. What a difficult position you are in. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. It’s a shame you can’t feel more rewarded. I’m glad that at least you have shelter. Are there any ways you can advocate for yourself within your relationship to lessen some of the abuse? It seems like things could change for the positive quite a bit for you if you could just see some improvements in at least this area. xo, j

D

Deleted member 91323

Hello and welcome to the forum. Being in this relationship because you have nowhere to go is a terrible situation to me in. Have you ever spoken to victim support? They often have housing or support for people in abusive relationships.

T

treasurebox

Know and believe that there will be better days for you. Do not give. Your Creator will help you. You were made to be happy and peaceful.

Listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube helps me. Music is therapeutic. Listen as many times as you can.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E When someone hurts me I no longer care about them. Depression Forum 3
frisas45 Has anyone dealt with the burden of taking care of someone, especially you having panic attacks as a result? How did you overcome them? Depression Forum 1
Hardknocks88 Having a hard time. Need to chat with someone. Depression Forum 2
M Someone talk? Depression Forum 35
K I wish I could be normal. Most of the time, I wish I could be someone else. Depression Forum 6
K Can someone who was born with depression, drink alcohol at all? Depression Forum 7
L Please someone talk to me.... Depression Forum 5
D Someone help me please... I'm so numb I could harm myself Depression Forum 5
H Can someone pass away of depression & loneliness? Depression Forum 8
J how to help someone who doesn't want help Depression Forum 4
A Dating someone depressed: What can I do? Depression Forum 3
Y Reaching out to someone in need Depression Forum 3
Catty5 Alone....need someone to talk. Depression Forum 18
F Writing a letter to someone who has passed and keeping a blog Depression Forum 5
H Supporting someone with depression Depression Forum 2
A Wish i had someone to talk to Depression Forum 10
lifecangetbetter how can someone have EVERYTHING and the other have hardly ANYTHING Depression Forum 17
N Hope this helps someone Depression Forum 6
H How do I support someone with depression? Depression Forum 16
R I need someone to talk to if possible. Depression Forum 18
M Someone would like to talk by call sometime ? Depression Forum 3
A Need Someone to Talk To.... Depression Forum 6
L Living with Someone You Hate Depression Forum 18
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
J Hello All. Living with someone in depression Depression Forum 1
S Flirting with someone who's more successful than you Depression Forum 17
L does someone want to chat about SSRIs and failing meds? Depression Forum 5
L NEED HELP SOMEONE PLEASE Depression Forum 8
K How to help someone who has tried to commit suicide (two times) Depression Forum 6
S Someone tell I will be okay Depression Forum 8
W Advice needed for a relationship with someone suffering with severe depression Depression Forum 6
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
S Do you think gender actually matters when diagnosing someone? Depression Forum 3
M Looking for someone I can seriously speek Depression Forum 7
M Ever feel like you want someone elses life? Depression Forum 25
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
M Can someone listen to me? Depression Forum 19
Gigglypuff sad inside So this is my life story. Can someone give me advice ? Depression Forum 2
M Can someone share some meds experience? Depression Forum 2
K New here just after someone to listen Depression Forum 2
A when you're feeling low and someone asks you how you are, Depression Forum 11
D How to date someone with depression. Depression Forum 1
V Advice for someone who is alone Depression Forum 6
G Can anyone help i just need someone to talk to Depression Forum 6
T someone ask me if im okay!! Depression Forum 2
D It’s hard becoming someone you don’t know anymore. Depression Forum 1
Z Choosing between helping someone you love and helping yourself Depression Forum 7
midnightphoenix please can someone destroy me? Depression Forum 13
A Imagining about conversations with someone else Depression Forum 2
H i just need someone to talk to. i don't want to live anymore Depression Forum 29