• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I just need to talk..

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

I already know I can talk a lot, I post random stuff all day long. I had a decent day, up until a few hours ago. Mood progressively getting lower. Now I'm crying and don't want to move. My bf is exhausted and can't talk right now, he's not my therapist anyway....I miss him a lot. I'm used to him comforting me through the random fits. I dont know why I'm so upset. Maybe I'm not handling our situation well. I'm glad I finally did some cleaning today. Eating is really hard...I may be hungry but have no appetite, so it's difficult to find something I want to eat. Even if no one responds, I have to get these thoughts out. They make me overreact and make dumb decisions. Time for sleepy meds anyway...

J

JoeRipley

I listen to spa music on my phone on YouTube on earphones , combined with meds this gets me over. I suffer from disturbing nightmares when I eventually get over. Have you been suffering with mental issues for long?

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

I listen to spa music on my phone on YouTube on earphones , combined with meds this gets me over. I suffer from disturbing nightmares when I eventually get over. Have you been suffering with mental issues for long?
I'm sorry you have nightmares, must be frustrating. I like listening to ASMR videos, they help me relax - thanks for reminding me. I have suffered for about 16 years. How long for you?

J

JoeRipley

8 years due to a motorbike crash. I suffer from PTSD, anxiety and depression. My mental issues leave me feeling lonley. My wife and kids are also exhausted with my situation, my self harming is a big problem for them to understand

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

That sounds pretty intense. How do they react when you're not feeling well? It gets lonely when you feel that you are too much for people, even if they do care. I was first diagnosed as major depressive with general anxiety disorder. I started partying in my early teens, did everything I could get my hands on and drank until I couldn't anymore. Didn't know how to deal with what I was feeling. Had a weird relationship with parents growing up. Started self-harming. Went through abusive relationships. Gained toxic behaviors and fucked up perceptions. I'm sure the drugs and lack of therapy did a good amount of damage, and made the illness worse. Now it is bipolar disorder. Looking from the outside, I'm a spoiled only child, how could I be so messed up? That is what I have to figure out I guess.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Latuda, lithium, NAC, diazepam, and some zzzquil. I may be tired, but sleep is another story.
Latuda, Lithium, Seroquel...and then Diazepam ruins it all. Do you take them daily? (Don't know what NAC is).

J

JoeRipley

I think therapy would definitely help, it’s sounds like you are totally saturated with your issues you need to draw a line in the sand and try to look forward. Therapy will help you to make sense of how you feel you are definitely not alone in how you feel, I struggle with racing thoughts which manifest into panic attacks, I keep looking back and get frustrated as I can’t make any sense of my situation and feel angry that I can’t sort it out in my head. Therapy makes you aware of why you feel like you do. I was shocked at my first sessions when my therapist handed me a some paperwork describing PTSD and it was if they wrote it about me. Although it didn’t suppress my issues it helped me understand that I wasn’t alone in how I felt and my symptoms are recognised. I know it’s easy to say but try not to dwell on the past, it’s been and done and you can’t change it however you bodies natural response to destructive behaviour will be mental hardship. Once I understood my symptoms it I could move onto addressing my intrusive thoughts. I assure you once you are able to see that your responses are natural and recognised you will be able to concentrate on the here and now and work at looking forward.

J

JoeRipley

I hope I didn't sound patronising, I am sitting in front of my laptop at the moment and am struggle to do my work as I can’t concentrate. This is the norm for me as I have to deal with my low mood and all the thoughts of ‘I can’t do this again today’, distraction techniques help me for short periods of time however the low mood drags me downwards and into confusion. Do you have anyone you can confide in, you will be surprised how many people feel like you. I know three people who killed either their mother or father because they were out of control due to illegal drugs and depression and they lost their grip on reality. Although you may be feeling lonely, you are definitely not alone in your situation. It helps to talk and I can assure you there is help out there. I am more than willing to talk to you, share experiences and help you make sense of how you feel

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

Latuda, Lithium, Seroquel...and then Diazepam ruins it all. Do you take them daily? (Don't know what NAC is).
I try not to take the diazepam daily. It is just for anxiety. I take escitalopram in the morning too.

LunaBloodmist

LunaBloodmist

I hope I didn't sound patronising, I am sitting in front of my laptop at the moment and am struggle to do my work as I can’t concentrate. This is the norm for me as I have to deal with my low mood and all the thoughts of ‘I can’t do this again today’, distraction techniques help me for short periods of time however the low mood drags me downwards and into confusion. Do you have anyone you can confide in, you will be surprised how many people feel like you. I know three people who killed either their mother or father because they were out of control due to illegal drugs and depression and they lost their grip on reality. Although you may be feeling lonely, you are definitely not alone in your situation. It helps to talk and I can assure you there is help out there. I am more than willing to talk to you, share experiences and help you make sense of how you feel
No worries, Joe. I have therapy tomorrow. I've been clean for a week...my body just feels like hell, tired all the time, wake up constantly through the night. My moods are a bit more regulated, I just needed to vent. I don't have many people to talk to in person. The ones I do talk to just don't really know what to say or do and it can be frustrating. I am struggling through work today too, I hope it gets better for you

Wishbone

Wishbone

Ah okay. Damn you and your codewords! So you take a mood stabiliser, another one to lift you a bit, and also an antidepressant to lift you more, something to help you sleep, and something to take when needed (as well as the other that I don't know). When was the last time you weren't on an antidepressant?