• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

I just found something out.

American Boy

American Boy

Well I've been having trouble with my neighbors below me which has worsened and they have been doing some work in one of the other flats where an the ex housing officer lives. To cut it a long story short she has told them that I'm mentally ill and made me out to be a crazy person and has said all sorts so now they have got me down as crazy person as well as the neighbor opposite him. Every time I do the washing up or sweep the floor or run a bath he bangs up like I'm just sitting there making noises deliberately to annoy him which I'm not, I'm just going by my every day business and do things quiet.

That ex housing officer has let out confidential information as well as inaccurate information about me which is discrimination.

What can I do about this?

W

Waverunner

If the ex housing officer worked for your landlord and that's how they found out your information then I would be making a complaint to your housing association. You could also consider a complaint to the information commissioner but I gues what will be important is how you know it was the ex housing officer who shared the information (evidence if you like).

J

Jules5

Hi American Boy So sorry this has happened to you. I know what it is like to be called a "crazy" person. With me it is because something is just not right in my head and I act very irrational when I come across something that disturbs me. I stopped trying to hide away my mental illness AND people do not have power over me. So Those people do not have power over you. Just continue with your routine and life and they will forget about you. This is the way it works for me. Believe me I do not want someone as a friend if they can not accept me for who I am. I am not violent just scared when I act out and I have a heart of gold. Big Hugs Jules

I

indigo6

Its disgraceful and the person should be dealt with.
If you can get evidence and its necessary to record someone admitting it, use it, to complain about your neighbor, to get yourself out from there or have the person dismissed. See it as a gift to use as a lever to make your situation better. Do not rely on 'They told me' it wont work,at all, dont be naive. Record it. I know what Im talking about.

B

bpd2020

That housing officer is disgusting! They clearly have no compassion at all. Your neighbours are just as bad to judge you. If one of your neighbour bangs on the wall every time you make a noise then it sounds like they may be ill themselves as they are unable to tolerate common noises. I am really sorry this has happened to you. I wonder if citizens advice may be able to help.

Z

Zoe1

yes my neighbours tried that
and they are lease holders
complaining about my use of the stairs and the bathroom !

when they themselves had a barking dog
the decibels of a chainsaw. !

the council took my part ...

:hug5: 🎼

American Boy

American Boy

yes my neighbours tried that
and they are lease holders
complaining about my use of the stairs and the bathroom !

when they themselves had a barking dog
the decibels of a chainsaw. !

the council took my part ...

:hug5: 🎼
The last time I reported the neighbor for being anti social resulted in me getting a home inspection and seems like because I'm listed as having mental health I'm the one that looks like the problem.

I hate complaining about the neighbor but I only do it as a last resort or if things got to out of hand like his thumping bass almost on a daily basis and the smell of weed oozing up into my apartment.

Z

Zoe1

The last time I reported the neighbor for being anti social resulted in me getting a home inspection and seems like because I'm listed as having mental health I'm the one that looks like the problem.

I hate complaining about the neighbor but I only do it as a last resort or if things got to out of hand like his thumping bass almost on a daily basis and the smell of weed oozing up into my apartment.
what happened when they inspected the apartment though ?
sounds like they didnt find anything
ive not had anyone do that

but yes to an extent the person who complains is on trial as well
and once the neighbours know that , they might throw up some issues
I had to do something about the dog noise
it was much worse than anything I was doing
so I took my chance on it
and you can log the progress of your case on here !