• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I just don't know what to do.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

I'm so depressed. Everyday is the same.
My life is going nowhere. I feel like I'm nothing.

HLon99

HLon99

You're stuck in a rut, but its temporary. Life gets better, all you have to do is believe that it is possible to make a change and then actively work towards it.

O

oncebitten

I feel like that a lot but I was told once to set small goals or make small plans for the near future and have something to look forward to and it doesn't make the feeling go completely away but it does help... Kinda like a stepping stone

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Thank you for the replies. I just feel like it won't get better. I've been waiting for life to get better for years. I've worked hard to change things. I've tried all kinds of medications, and going to therapy. But nothing works. I still feel like there is no improvement. I feel like I don't have the energy anymore. I just feel like staying in bed all the time.

anex

anex

I’m sorry:( It can be so frustrating and disheartening when we work so hard to get better but we don’t see any progress.
What was your experience with therapy like?

L

Lostlady333

I'm so depressed. Everyday is the same.
My life is going nowhere. I feel like I'm nothing.
It’s hard to feel stuck. Each night before you go to sleep, could you write one small thing that would be achievable the next day. If you don’t feel up to doing it, it’s no big deal. But if you do, then write two things for the next day. It can also be good to go on pintrist and read some positive affirmations, even send them to yourself on your phone. Believe in yourself. Take care.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Thank you everyone.
Therapy has been helpful but I just feel like I go back to feeling depressed each day. I like the idea of making small goals or writing down something positive. I might try that.
Thank you to all of you again!

:grouphug:

Miho

Miho

One thing that I thought sounded silly when I was in therapy was when we talked about me being angry and frustrated with myself.

They asked me if I would talk that way to a small Child. Ofcourse I would not. So they said why not be proud of the small things you do. And give yourself some credit.

Have trouble getting out of bed but you manage. Thats awesome. Dont go oh but I have to do this and that. No take one step at a time. You got out of bed.

I am thinking now I should not have written this. I hope it might help in a small way.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Thank you. I try imagining if I would say such negative things to my childhood self. When I think about it that way, I feel really guilty and realize that making myself feel bad is an awful idea.

Thank you again. I'm doing a little bit better today.

Miho

Miho

Its all ok. This is not meant to make you feel guilty though but maybe be a bit kinder to yourself and give yourself some compliments for doing things. That for some May seem small but all of us know how big they can be.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

I feel the same
Hello. I'm sorry you also feel this way. I am feeling better today and here's what I did. I focus on things that inspire me and try to surround myself with that. Any hobbies, interests, music you listen to... those things help make days a little easier. I hope you feel better soon. Speaking to people also helps.

B

Blackwolf

Thx Fairy, I ll definitely try. Problem is sometimes I don't even have energy for that. And thinking of this i just found out that I no longer have hobbies etc, it is sad but I can't feel joy doing things. This is definitely something I should think about, why this happened

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Thx Fairy, I ll definitely try. Problem is sometimes I don't even have energy for that. And thinking of this i just found out that I no longer have hobbies etc, it is sad but I can't feel joy doing things. This is definitely something I should think about, why this happened
I know what you mean. Yesterday I just had no energy too. I think the good thing to do during those moments is to continue taking care of ourselves. Drink some tea, try to read a good book or watch a movie. When it comes to hobbies, there's so much things to do in life. It's hard now with the pandemic, but I always think it's never too late to learn something new. I also really recommend therapy because it's helped me.