• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I just don't know anymore.

M

Matt1215

I haven't a clue if this belongs here or not but oh well. This could be a long one as well.

I started feeling down about 1 and a half years ago but I assumed it was because I had exams soon so I though nothing of it. I was fine until about 6 months ago when it hit me again around the same time. I had exams again but this time it was worse. Normally it would stop after a month or two but this time it hasnt stopped for about 6 months. It isn't every day though, probably only about 2/3 times a week.

I just feel so empty. All the stuff I used to enjoy I don't care about now. I used to look forward to school as it took my mind off it but recently it's happening at school too. I just feel like there's no point anymore. I'm never going to do what I want in life and I'm never going to be loved by anyone so what's the point. I feel like I'm a dissapointment and that my friends don't really care about me. I have a few close friends but I've always had trouble showing that I care for people and I'm scared that eventually they'll just leave me. Also, when I'm hungry, I have no appetite and I just can't eat anything. I have nearly constant headaches and back pain which only started recently which I heard were some side effects from depression. I have trouble falling asleep as well. I've never been to a therapist but I'm scared of what my parents and friends would think of me. I just want this all to end.

Do I need to get this checked out or will it just pass after a few months?

P.s. It probably makes no sense but I just needed to get it out and see what people think I should do.

M

Matt1215

No, I haven't seen a doctor yet. I know I should but I don't want to really tell my parents about it. I'm just scared about what they'd think about me.

HumanPerson

HumanPerson

No, I haven't seen a doctor yet. I know I should but I don't want to really tell my parents about it. I'm just scared about what they'd think about me.
Do you feel like you'd be able to talk to your parents about how you feel? It's good to have people to support you through this, if not doctors have to abide a law of confidentiality and only can give out information about you with your consent, or if there's an emergency

M

Matt1215

Do you feel like you'd be able to talk to your parents about how you feel? It's good to have people to support you through this, if not doctors have to abide a law of confidentiality and only can give out information about you with your consent, or if there's an emergency
I don't think I could tell them. A few of my close friends know and they've been helping a lot.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D I've been getting stalked and bullied for years and I just don't know what to do anymore... Depression Forum 3
F I don't want to live anymore. Depression Forum 32
S Don't want to be in the world anymore Depression Forum 12
V I don't think I can do this anymore, too overwhelming to bare i'm just tired of it all Depression Forum 2
E I don't know what I'm feeling anymore Depression Forum 7
October Rust i don't want to do this anymore Depression Forum 8
babysharkdududu I don't know anymore Depression Forum 4
T I don't want to be alive anymore Depression Forum 4
D Don't want to be alone anymore Depression Forum 15
S I just don't know anymore Depression Forum 4
B I don't care about any consequences anymore Depression Forum 11
Ineedhelp2921 I don't want to be here anymore Depression Forum 8
I i've given up on life, i don't care about anything anymore Depression Forum 6
Feritas I feel so empty. I don't even know why anymore. So here's my story. Depression Forum 2
D Don't see any hope anymore Depression Forum 4
libbycrossings I don't know what to do anymore Depression Forum 1
W I don't know what to do anymore Depression Forum 2
H i just need someone to talk to. i don't want to live anymore Depression Forum 29
F I Don't Know What To Do Anymore Depression Forum 4
K I don't want to exist anymore Depression Forum 5
M I Don't Want To Live Anymore! Depression Forum 8
T I don't want to be here anymore... Depression Forum 5
Z I feel so much pressure, I am drained and I don't know how to go further anymore. Depression Forum 2
aspieguy1984 I don't want to feel anymore Depression Forum 2
R Just don't have the strength anymore Depression Forum 7
K I don't feel happiness anymore. Depression Forum 2
C I Don't Know What To Do Anymore. Depression Forum 2
S I don't want to be here anymore Depression Forum 9
E Don't know what to do anymore Depression Forum 1
B 20 and don't know what to do anymore Depression Forum 2
V I don't feel anything anymore and it's quite strange Depression Forum 1
B I don't know who I am anymore Depression Forum 4
E I don't know what to do anymore Depression Forum 1
T I don't feel anything anymore. Depression Forum 2
F I don't enjoy anything anymore, and I don't feel anything either. Depression Forum 7
S I don't know what to do anymore - Do counselors actually help? Depression Forum 1
J I don't know what to do anymore Depression Forum 7
valleygirl Feeling Desperate: Don't Know What to Do Anymore Depression Forum 6
G I don't want to be here anymore Depression Forum 13
F Please help I don't want to live like this anymore Depression Forum 3
H Feeling like I've been on repeat and don't have the right to talk to my friends anymore Depression Forum 1
I I feel suicidal and I don't know what to do anymore.. Depression Forum 1
Arise Don't know anymore Depression Forum 61
N Just don't know what to do anymore Depression Forum 2
A I don't know anymore... Depression Forum 1
S I don't even know what's going on with me anymore Depression Forum 4
D Literally don't know what else to do anymore Depression Forum 1
R I really don't know what to do anymore!! 😟 Depression Forum 26
P don't know what to do anymore Depression Forum 2
I I don't care anymore......and don't know what to do. Depression Forum 1