• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i just can not wake up in the morning!!

J

jema88

hey i take olanzapine along with other medication but im finding that my olanzapine is getting me in to such a deep sleep i can not get my head of the pillow all morning till nearly dinner time and this is everyday.. ive tried going to sleep earlier but its still the same waking up time no matter on the time i go to sleep.. and tips?..xx

angrydad

angrydad

When I took this med I had to take it at nine in the evening and then go to bed when I could no longer keep my eyes open. I found that the sedative effect wore off after aweek or so. How long have you been on it? What time do you take it at night?

J

jema88

hi i take it between 6-8 in the evening..every night.. && ive been on it for8 months xxx

angrydad

angrydad

Bloody hell!! I'd have though the sedative effect would have worn off by now. It took me abour a week to be able to wake up without it feeling like coming out of a coma. All I can suggest is that you make a big effort to get up at a fixed time. My wife makes me get up at eight (latest) and go to bed at half ten. If she didn't I'd stay up till five in the morning and then sleep through the day!!

Have you mentioned it to pdoc, gp or other MH worker? is the dose right for your simptoms do you think?

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I take lithium and escitalopram and struggle to get up in the morning. When I give in to it I can sleep till 2 in the afternoon. I think some of it is the actually illness-depression causing it though.

J

jema88

if i had my way id sleep all day and be up all night but i cant because of my son.. yes i need to set a time and be up then but i just can not wake up xxx

W

white-witch

I wish my olanzapine had a sedative effect...I take 15 mg.

I do get 14 zopiclones a month which I usually take 3 and then the last 2 at a time and sleep all the time..its the depression I wish I could sleep forever..I'm just to much of a coward to take that final step!

Belblac