• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I hope MH gets easier for people as the years go by....

Unique1

Unique1

I'm aware I get a bit more irritated because I suffer with MH problems but honestly people don't listen, they tell you they understand and clearly they do not...I try to rationalise and I try to think it's not their fault as they havnt experienced it, but I just feel angry..because I look ok ,they all forget things are so difficult. I've told people so many times I find it difficult to pre plan stuff or commit to anything too far in advance.it really is something I can't do,for fear of letting them down, and because I don't know how I will be from one day to the next. And still they insist on asking me weeks in advance to commit to stuff, not important stuff, something that could be a little more adhoc..I tell people so I'm not having to explain myself, which reminds me how things have changed......it's like they don't believe me ,or suddenly I can commit. I get sick of the expectations on me to be how I was, and then End up feeling guilty over it all....maybe I'm not angry with them but myself for not being able to commit...it causes me embarrassment and makes me feel inferior .....I'm slowly withdrawing from the outside world and people, it's just too difficult. I wish people new not to take it personally ...I wish things were different..
Well at least i feel a bit better after that rant ....but it's made me feel like a horrible person ...

keepsafe

keepsafe

You're not a horrible person,lets get that out of the way. It's damn difficult to know what's going to happen and how one is going to feel from minute to minute never mind weeks in advance! Don;t feel like you have to explain yourself all the time, let people do what they do and you do what's best for number one. I can understand your frustration, does it get any easier - who knows.....not yet for me anyway.

KS
xxx

Unique1

Unique1

Thank you good advice and thanks for support it helps :) x