• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I helped me!!

music91

music91

Right so i had a break down at 18 was told had go in hospital or they take me if i said know anyway kind of thing! I then was on a ward for 3 months! in the nearly ends of my stay there i had feeling i was never going to be let out from there and i did back then run away as fault never see home again by that time i wanted freedom who wouldn't after 3 months of injections being tied down on bed just was once happened coz i walk near door guess they fault trying run away then but i wasn't any how by time i did get run away it was nice just get some air and be out and i knew it was best still to go back as knew everyone be worried include hospital so after few hours in did return and once near police spot me and led me back to ward,i helped my self that i did go back coz even tho fault better i know i wasn't 100% still and lucky as anything could happened to me and although nice be out few hours i don't think know one should to it,few weeks after i did end up going home was so nice being home to after 3 long months not being home, i was getting my life back trying to but i felt didn't after being there don't think friends understood and i don't think they still do i did loss some as not so understand that made me more depressed cut long sorry sort i did end up in hospital again in my 20s and and for 3 months again was hearing voices seeing things also had a fit in there due to one meds they try me one i had never had a fit before being in there,after 3 months got to go home. In all I've been in hospital 3 times the 3rd time was hardest for me.

music91

music91

anyhow the point me telling my story hear is i did help my self in that i did go back to hospital when i run away coz if i never anything thing could of happened to me i when i look back wish i never run away but did right thing for me and went back.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sounds like you've had a really rough time of it.

A part of me thinks that being in hospital can actually be an unpleasant experience for some people. As you said, you were held down and given injections - that can't be a nice thing to experience. :(
And so I can understand why you would have wanted to run away.

But ultimately when you had run away, you were vulnerable. There are some nasty people around that could have taken advantage and you could have ended up in serious trouble, so I agree that returning to somewhere safe was probably the best thing.
I'm glad you got to go home though. I think that's the best place to be, as long as you're safe.